Depot Manager - Leicester
Depot Manager - Leicester
Biffa plc is the UK`s leading integrated waste management company providing collection, recycling, treatment, disposal and technologically driven energy generation services across four operating divisions.
We control the largest volume of waste in the UK which places us at the centre of a dynamic and growing sector, providing indispensable services to all UK businesses.
Main Purpose of Job:
To manage site resources and work processes to ensure that the contractual obligations to customers are achieved cost effectively and that the company`s compliance agenda & associated procedures are rigorously applied throughout. To continually review and improve site profitability, grow the business and improve productivity through the development of the management team. To continually drive the site towards achieving best in class performance through the identification and introduction of improved working practices thus improving operational productivity and achieving all budgetary obligations.
- Makes regular visits to local customers served, retaining the customer base and prices temporary and local contracted work
- Ensure the avoidance of contract losses & grows customer base
- Ensures that all staff maintain a high level of customer care (to contractual requirement) by monitoring service levels and ensuring that corrective action is taken as appropriate
- Ensure legislator compliance at all times by all staff
- Sets, monitors and manages the budget, delegating accountability where appropriate
- Sets and agrees clear objectives with subordinates, regularly monitoring their performance and taking action to correct shortfalls
- Recommends capital expenditure to the Regional General Manager
- Develops the operation and teams to meet financial and efficiency targets through a continuous improvement approach
- Deliver improving financial performance for the operation, ensuring the site meets budget commitments
- Ensure management team are briefed on core performance metrics each week
- Optimises resources and continuously reviews the operations to improve profitability and customer service, managing change where necessary
- Drives a lean culture throughout
- Manages the operations for current and future demands
- Prepare annual budgets and report on monthly financial position
- Analyses training needs for all staff ensuring that training complies with Company policy and is monitored for effectiveness
- Coaches staff where appropriate
- Ensures that all relevant legislative requirements are adhered to and that Company procedures and standards (including Health and Safety, personnel, finance and Transport) are maintained. Where necessary making regular checks in all parts of the operation including the branch site, vehicles and customer premises and ensuring that all operational equipment is maintained
- Deals with disciplinary matters, including dismissals, and appeals and grievances in line with Company policy
- Informs staff of changes in terms and conditions
- Ensures appropriate consultation with TU/Staff Representatives
Collaboration and Teamwork:
- Leads the management team and motivates staff through the team. Holds regular management meetings and communicates to all staff through staff briefings
- Contributes to the development of the site as a whole by identifying and sharing best practice with peers
- Work closely with the company`s Continuous Improvement team to introduce new working practices and to develop a continuous improvement culture
The Ideal Candidate:
- Strong Commercial background
- Experience of operational line management is essential
- Experienced in people management in a Trade Union environment
- Experience of managing in a labour intensive, multi-shift environment is essential
- Knowledge of production management
- Capable of leading a team in a time of change
- Profit & Loss experience
- Lean Management Understanding
- Proven experience in customer service
- Experience with route planning software such as Route Monkey, DPS (LogiX) etc
- Logistics professional
- CPC qualified
- The ability to challenge the norm and achieve sustainable change
- Capable of developing management team skills and enable succession plan accomplishment
In return we offer a competitive base salary, bonus, car, excellent benefits and real career progression.
Biffa Waste Service Ltd is an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sectors of the community.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"