Depot Distribution Supervisors - Day Shift and Night Shift - Weybridge - Distribution/Logistics/Parcels
Day Shift Supervisor
Night Shift Supervisor
Salary C: £24K to £27K Base (depending on experience)
- Full training along with a supported induction process
- 26 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Pension up to 5%
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
Our client is one of the best known names in the Distribution market, providing their customers with high standards of quality and service
The purpose of these roles is to oversee and supervise the team’s performance and work load to ensure that targets are met in a safe and productive manner that ensures full service delivery ensuring business and customer expectations are met and that all that all metrics and measures are continuingly monitored in order to develop effective contingency planning, issue resolution and escalation management. Plan and organise the teams to ensure that operational requirements and service levels are achieved.
- Plan and organise the teams to ensure that operational requirements and service levels are achieved.
- Ensure that the teams are fully trained and performing in line with their job specification, compliant with company health and safety policy, including (but not limited to) manual handling and fire evacuating procedures.
- Take responsibility for shift Health and Safety issues in conjunction with company Health and Safety guidelines.
- Manage use of temporary employees through close monitoring, briefing and motivation to ensure performance criteria is met.
- Plan contingencies in order to minimise business risk and ensure that all requirements are continually met.
- Develop and maintain effective local working relationships within the framework of the company’s procedure agreements and associated policies.
- Daily reporting requirements and scheduling as necessary.
- Floor walking to ensure all best practice is being followed.
- Audit compliance, infringements and returns are all dealt with in a time manner.
- Ensure all Health and safety procedures are adhered to and audit accordingly.
Essential Skills for the role:
- Previous people-management experience with a particular emphasis on support, motivation and being the main conduit for issue resolution.
- Problem solving and planning effective contingencies and solutions.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work on your own initiative well organised to prioritise your workload.
- Flexible, can do attitude approach to work.
- Ability to communicate confidently at all levels.
- Motivating and driving teams.
- Problem solving and planning effective contingencies and solution
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'