Would you like to work with the internationally recognised and market-leading Volvo Construction Equipment brand?
If so, we have an excellent Field Service vacancy which will require you to proactively undertake the maintenance, diagnosis and repair of Customers' machinery (hydraulic excavators, articulated haulers, wheeled loaders etc).
If you are looking for a position with opportunities to progress your career then we are a company that wants to help you, guide you, and inspire you to achieve your full potential. Here at SMT GB we have an employee focused approach and we are a 'learning company' which continually facilitates the development of our employees to improve our business.
We are always on the look-out for the best people. We have an opportunity for a Depot-based Field Service Engineer at our Stirling Customer Support Centre.
You will be responsible for effectively and competently carrying out diagnostics, services and repairs of Volvo Construction Equipment. You will ensure that we are delivering first class service to both internal and external customers; and will work to actively seek revenue opportunities and discuss these with customers, your line manager, and the Service Delivery Manager.
Key responsibilities of the role;
- To service and repair Volvo construction equipment or miscellaneous equipment.
- To identify mechanical problems, using technical knowledge and computerised diagnostic equipment, offering guidance and advice to the customer.
- To carry out duties in a commercially focussed way, seeking additional service revenue opportunities and promoting our aftermarket solutions.
- To carry out all work in line with quotations and time guides, highlighting to management where additional work may be required.
- Maintain a sufficient personal toolkit to enable you to carry out the job effectively.
- To ensure company tool defects are reported, use is in line with current test periods and in line with instructions/training.
- To ensure software updates are installed as new versions are released.
- Accurate completion of systems/paperwork (including but not limited to oil sample reports, Matris readouts, component failure reports, ERG's).
- Complete electronic/reports timesheets in 'real time' providing comprehensive details of the work undertaken.
- To order parts for your work as necessary and to return parts in a clean condition and at the time of job completion.
Closing Date for applications: 12noon on Friday 6 November 2020
Engineer | Plant | Construction Equipment | Mechanic | Agricultural | HGV | NVQ Level 3 | Engineering | Diesel Engines | Servicing | Plant MaintenanceBenefits
Competitive rates of pay / Company Bonus Scheme / Employee Discounts / Tool Kits / Pension Scheme / Life Insurance / Medical Cash Plan / On-site Medicals / Work Wear / 30 days holiday, rising to 35 days with service (including bank holidays)Essential Skills
- A formal engineering qualification in Plant Maintenance, Agricultural/HGV mechanics (NVQ L3).
- Relevant experience in the repair and maintenance of heavy construction plant.
- Proven technical competence on diesel engines, transmissions, drive lines, hydraulics and electrical systems.
- OEM experience.
- Residing within a 25 mile radius of the Depot.
About the Company SMT GB markets Volvo Construction Equipment products including wheeled loaders, articulated haulers, hydraulic excavators, utility equipment and road equipment products in Great Britain.
We create value by providing sustainable and integrated solutions for the heavy equipment and transport industries across Europe and Africa.
We are the industry leader with state-of-the-art products and services that maximizing the benefits for all stakeholders.
We are a great place to work, with highly skilled teams that are inspired and dedicated to helping our customers succeed.
We are the partner of choice for our customers throughout the lifetime of their equipment.
- Engineer | Plant | Construction Equipment | Mechanic | Agricultural | HGV | NVQ Level 3 | Engineering | Diesel Engines | Servicing | Plant Maintenance
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'