£11.42 per hour
Ready to take the next step in your Retail career? Take your knack with customers to the next level, working with your team to wow every Halfords customer you meet. This role is the gateway to management - you’ll have responsibility for the day to day running of a department, supervising and coaching others to deliver market leading standards to our customers.
A key part of the sales floor leadership team, you’ll support the store management team to enable the best service delivery to our customers. Your standards of customer service are already legendary and you’ll have an infectious enthusiasm for our products and services.
You’ll have some key holder responsibility too and will be committed to following all in store security and stock loss procedures.
Back to that gateway to a management role: we invest heavily in training to give our colleagues skills to develop their careers, so whatever career path you want to follow and whatever pace you want to progress, we have the support here to help you make your ambitions a reality, whether it’s in Retail or elsewhere in the Group.
To be successful in this role you'll need:
- Experience of supervising or leading a small team
- Experience of delivering great customer service ideally in a retail sales or a services business environment
- Experience of delivering on the job training / coaching to others
- Experience of working to tight deadlines
- A track record of achieving exceptional results against sales targets
- Ideally, you will also have some technical knowledge and skills in motoring or cycling, but this is not essential as technical training is provided – a commitment to your own development is essential!
We know that everyone has different priorities at different stages of their lives, so we offer a wide range of rewards and benefits. As well as holiday and contributory company pension, you can expect to enjoy:
- Store discount, with 25% off most products across Halfords and Tredz
- Employee discount, with up to 60% off your garage bills at Halfords Autocentre
- Discount on Halfords Breakdown Cover, with bike cover as standard for all annual policies
- Discounts on everything from groceries and shopping through to holidays, insurance, days out, restaurants and more
- Employee wellness programme offering free, independent, confidential support and counselling 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Fantastic Trade Price Bike Scheme - buy one bike per year from a range of bikes which have been significantly reduced
- Life insurance
- Option to join our Sharesave scheme: save to purchase shares at a 20% discount
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Wagestream – a financial planning app that gives you more control over your pay. Access up to 30% of your pay as you earn it and save automatically from your salary to build a rainy-day fund for the future
- Health Cash Plan - claim cash back towards your healthcare costs and get access to health and well-being services
We’re in an exciting chapter – rapidly growing our business with a focus on motoring services and electric mobility. We’re the UK’s leading retailer of motoring and cycling products and services, and the UK’s largest vehicle service, maintenance and repair business. Join us and be part of our success story in getting the nation safely back on the move.
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'