Develop your nursing career with HCA Healthcare UK - The World's largest private acute and complex care hospital group.
We are offering an exciting opportunity for a Department Secretary to join our ITU/Critical Care unit based at The Wellington Hospital in St Johns Wood, London (NW8 9LE). The Wellington ITU South unit cares for Neurological and general patients and has a total 22 ITU/HDU beds as well as 34 qualified nursing professional working within the unit. The Wellington Hospital is the UK's largest independent hospital with over 260 beds and circa 900 employees.
The Department Secretary will provide secretarial and administrative support to the ITU unit and assist the department to provide the highest quality service.
- Job Type: Full time, permanent role working 37.5 hours per week.
- Shift Pattern: 8am - 4pm OR 9am - 5pm; Monday to Friday
- Basic Salary: £20,140 - £24,662 per annum plus comprehensive benefits package.
- Benefits: Structured career development, health and wellbeing support system, pension, private medical care cover, 25 days annual leave and much more.
Duties & Responsibilities
- General receptionist and clerical duties including telephone answering, updating of telephone directories, photocopying, mail collection and posting.
- Providing clerical support to the Matron and other senior staff within the department.
- Support with month end duties such as accruals, DFRs and follow up on the user queues for the month.
- Entry of employee hours, patient admissions and discharges onto the Meditech system as well as the daily census.
- Using the MAPS system, communicate with Senior staff to identify staffing requirements and to ensure appropriate cover arrangements are in place.
- Liaise with RMO Intensivists with their rota
- Collation, filing and updating of patient notes as well as arranging appointments and meetings.
- Ordering, including; internal/external stock, stationery, cleaning products etc.
Skills & Experience
- Previous secretarial and administrative experience within the hospital ward environment.
- Knowledge of Hospital policies and Health and Safety procedures.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to deliver high standards of customer service.
- Highly organised, with good time management and problem solving skills.
- Computer literate with experience of MS Excel.
- Critical Care
- Private Healthcare
- Clerical Skills