Department Manager Non Clothing - Superstore.
Retail Department Manager - Non Clothing
Full time, Perm 37.5 hours per week
£16,049 per annum + excellent benefits
Closing Date: 18.9.2018 00:00 - however we will be interviewing throughout the process therefore please upload your CV ASAP.
We're looking for an experienced Department Manager to help deliver real commercial success for our homewares department in our Wisbech Superstore!
What's the role?
In this varied and exciting role you will be responsible for furniture, electricals and bric-a-brac on our shop floor - everything from visual merchandising to coming up with new and exciting offers. Our Superstore is at the hub of the local community, acting as the face of Cancer Research UK, and raising public awareness of our campaigns.
What will I be doing?
- Achieving agreed sales targets and maximising profit for the Charity
- Assisting in analysing shop data to take the appropriate actions as required
- Utilising your sales skills to maximise profits on the shop floor for non-clothing - including furniture, bric-a-brac and media items
- Assisting the Store Manager to generate additional income/stock using the local corporate contacts and media
- Effectively manage paid staff and volunteers in the Store Managers absence
- Provide support to the Store Manager with the recruitment and training of paid staff and volunteers
- Ensuring that first class customer service is upheld at all times by shop staff and volunteers
- Supporting with the implementation of new processes within the store
- Performing administrative and ad hoc tasks in support of the everyday requirements of the store
What can I gain?
- Experience creating new visual & design displays
- Significant knowledge and understanding of retail operations and high street retail fashion
- Experience interacting with various teams across the wider organisation
- Ongoing exposure to training and development opportunities
- Good knowledge and experience of using computers
- Experience of managing a diverse team of people
- The opportunity to work in an environment where your development is actively encouraged
We believe a strong induction plan is key to your success. Your 4-week induction will consist of key competencies which with regular catch-ups and reviews with your Training Shop Manager and Area Manager to help your make the most of your learning experience and really set you up for success. You will also be invited to attend 6 training courses within your initial 6 months to help build your knowledge base and really support our Superstore to achieve success. This training will give you the knowledge required to successfully run one of our Super Stores and it's a great way to start your career in Cancer Research UK.
What are the benefits?
- Annual bonus scheme
- A range of generous rewards and benefits ranging from Gym Memberships, Season Ticket Loans and discounts for Childcare vouchers.
- 25 days annual leave a year plus public holidays
- An excellent induction and training plan
Cancer Research UK is leading pioneering, life-saving research and our long-term ambition is to bring forward the day when all cancers are cured. Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person, and our 1,600 retail staff work relentlessly every day towards this goal.
Please see job description here: https://cancer-research-uk-4/department-manager-non-clothing/
*Please note internally this role is known as Assistant Shop Manager (Non-Clothing)
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'