Who we are
The BPP Professional Education Group is a global education provider delivering world-class professional qualifications. The group delivers undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes and professional qualifications across the UK, internationally and through innovative online learning platforms.
BPP University School of Health combines the academic excellence of a university with the real-life focus of a professional environment. Offering hands-on, practice-based programmes, we integrate theoretical and practical studies within a clinical setting. BPP University School of Health provides higher education in psychology, nursing, chiropractic, dentistry and health and social care.
What you’ll do
The purpose of this post is to support the day to day operation of the dental clinic in the capacity of a Dental Nurse
These are the key responsibilities of the job; on occasion the post holder may be required to undertake other duties commensurate with your grade.
- taking responsibility for the decontamination of instruments
- maintaining dental operating equipment
- ensuring that all relevant materials and supplies are in place
- looking after patient records - can include making notes when the dentist is examining a patient
- working closely with the dentists, and student dental therapists, responding quickly to requests and generally keeping the surgery ready for use
- appropriate patient care in line with the role
- assist on the clinic reception when needed
- Implement BPP University policies and procedures as they relate to the day-to-day clinical and teaching activities
- Support the Programme Leader/Director in their work.
- Contribute to the continued development and management of Post Graduate Programmes.
- Effectively plan and prioritise own daily work.
- Deal with reactive requests daily, such as those relating to teaching, assessment, communication with students and administrative tasks.
- Any other duties, commensurate with the needs of the programme and with the grade of the post.
Knowledge, qualifications and skills required
The post holder must hold a qualification as a dental nurse and must have current registration with the General Dental Council
In addition, applicants should possess the following skills necessary for patient interaction:
- A friendly and communicative approach
- Must have an awareness of confidentiality issues relating to students and patients
- Must be organised and self-motivated, demonstrating personal initiative
- Must be able to prioritise workloads and to work under pressure.
- Must have experience of working with either dental hygienists, therapist and/or dentists.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced DBS check
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job