DEMONSTRATION AND APPLICATION SCIENTIST: ICP-MS PLASMA MS PRODUCT LINES
SALARY CIRCA £30 - £35K
Our Client, a growing Dynamic scientific company are seeking to recruit a Demonstration and Application Scientist for their Plasma product lines. This is a critical role for the company that will involve a large amount of interaction with prospective and existing users.
It is technically demanding and requires enthusiasm, motivation, and a solid understanding of applications for inorganic mass spectrometry for high precision isotope ratio measurements.
Willingness to travel is essential, as is the ability to present technical performance of the products at international conferences. In return they offer a rewarding and positive environment within a rapidly expanding company.
The role is based at their UK headquarters in Wrexham and there is plenty of scope for career development both in the UK and internationally.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performing demonstrations (including preparation, data evaluation, reports) to prospects
- Provide prospect hospitality during demonstrations
- Sample preparation for demonstrations including method development for demonstration requirements
- Development of new and improvement to existing applications
- Maintenance of demonstration instrumentation
- Preparation of technical presentations for sales and marketing, training, conferences etc
- Preparation and design of technical brochures and schematics, flyers, etc
- Preparation of technical and software manuals, work instructions, customer help documentation
- Acquire results for and preparation of application notes
- Technical sales support, liaising with prospective customers, customers visits and regional sales representative assistance
- Assistance with development and testing of new hardware and instrument features to improve hardware design and reliability (including control and connectivity of accessories)
- Liaise with software development, defining software requirements and improvements
- Customer training (on-site and in factory)
- Applications support to existing customers and engineers
- Maintain product and application knowledge through related scientific literature
- Represent company at conferences (national and international)
- Perform sample measurements and assist with technical response to tenders
- Maintain a database of user publications
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- Solid grounding in isotope geochemistry, analytical chemistry, physics, or other related scientific disciplines, preferably with a PhD degree.
- Good communication and presentational skills
- Experience in the operation and maintenance of Magnetic Sector Plasma Mass Spectrometers
Please apply attaching an up to date cv and salary expectations
- Mass Spectrometry
- Technical Presentations
- Inductively Coupled Plasma
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job