Democratic Services Manager/Senior Democratic Services Officer.
We are currently recruiting for an Interim Democratic Services Manager or Senior Democratic Services Officer based at a Local Government Organisation within the East Midlands.
The purpose of the role will be to manage the provision and development of democratic services in relation to the governance of the Council and a broad range of member support functions to enable elected members to perform their roles effectively.
Our client would be able to offer 1 day of homeworking
- Strong experience in all aspects of democratic services work; Including committee services and support to elected members and dealing with governance issues arising
- Possess management experience, you will be required to manage some of the Democratic Services team staff
- Providing on-site support managing complex and challenging governance and committee issues
- Prior experience working with a constitutional framework and committee system of governance
- Carry out Elections, Member development, Independent Remuneration Panels and Constitutional reviews
- Provide support to the Chairman and Vice-chairman of the Council in performing their civic role as appropriate
- Knowledge of Education Admission Appeals would be desirable
Duration: 3 month initial contract
IR35 Status: Inside
For more information on this or other Local Gov Jobs, please in the first instance email your CV to Bella Thorntonor Natalie Cox on the Midlands Local Gov Team at or call
Please note should this position not be applicable to you and you are currently looking for a new role, Venn Group recruit across the board within Local Government so send across your updated CV the Midlands Local Gov Team
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'