A Demi Chef de Partie is sought for a leading independent school in the Hammersmith area of London. This is a first class opportunity for candidates with Commis Chef or Demi Chef experience to take the next career step.
Whilst experience of quality schools catering and of high volume food service may be beneficial, your enthusiasm and dedication will be more important. The operation produces over a thousand lunch time meals to a very high standard, and you will be able to develop your skills and knowledge working in a brigade of six.
This is a term-time only position working forty two and a half hours per week at a competitive hourly rate of pay across 36 weeks of the school year. In addition four weeks paid annual leave will be provided with twelve weeks unpaid leave per annum.
Responsibilities of the post include:
• Preparing food items to the standard specified by the Sous Chef / Executive Head Chef
• Working as a key member of the kitchen team, completing tasks requested by the Sous Chef / Executive Head Chef in a timely and efficient manner
• Replenishing the counters at lunchtime and assisting in the service of meals, as required
• Keeping all work areas and surfaces clean and tidy at all times and assisting with routine cleaning schedules as required
• Ensuring that health, safety and food hygiene requirements and special dietary requirements are strictly adhered to
• Assisting at any special functions, some of which may occur outside normal working hours
A recognised chef qualification in cooking is essential, as is an understanding of COSHH compliance. A Food Hygiene qualification and in first aid and health and safety are desirable.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'