Can you help us make Wales a great place to grow older? For most people, making their own decisions and choices is a matter of considerable importance. Being part of decision-making processes is not only where self-identity is expressed but it is also an important aspect of personal freedom. This principle is at the heart of advocacy services for people living with dementia.
Age Cymru are recruiting for a part-time (28 hrs per week) Dementia Advocate promote and deliver independent advocacy to people with dementia or their carers in the Denbighshire and Conwy area. During the current Covid-19 pandemic all Age Cymru staff will be working from home until it is safe to work from an office base and in line with Welsh Government Guidance.
This post is a fixed term contract ending 31/03/22 working part time - 28 hours per week, based in Llandudno but covering the Conwy and Denbighshire area. Salary £20,000 (FTE 25,000)
All applications MUST be accompanied by a full supporting letter, stating your transferrable skills and experience and why you would like to work for Age Cymru, supporting older people with dementia.
* Have experience and working knowledge of advocacy (instructed and non-instructed)
* Undertaken individual casework
* Have worked with others on successful projects and services (including statutory and voluntary organisations)
* Have an understanding of dementia and the rights of people with dementia and their carers
* Have an awareness of safeguarding legislation and procedures in Wales
* Use creative communication strategies for facilitating communication with people with dementia
* Be highly organised, positive and outgoing
* Be proficient in all MS office packages, including Excel and Powerpoint
* Be confident delivering promotional and awareness raising sessions
* Speak Welsh (desirable but not essential)
What we offer in return
In return we can offer a generous holiday allowance of up to 27 days, made up of 24 choice days and 3 days to be used between Christmas & New Year - Including carry forward, Flexible Hours Working Scheme, Competitive Employer pension, Life assurance up to 4 times your annual salary, Healthcare cashback plan.
For a full list of benefits please click here https://about-us/jobs/employee-benefits/
Age UK and Age Cymru is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'