Imperial Tobacco is part of the FTSE30 company Imperial Brands PLC, a dynamic international business specialising in tobacco and non-tobacco brands.
In the UK, Imperial Tobacco is the market leader in the sale and distribution of a wide portfolio of iconic brands such as Lambert & Butler, JPS, Player's and Golden Virginia.
In this role you will be accountable for all Cluster sales forecasting processes and for creating accurate, timely demand plans. You will also be responsible for engaging with cluster and market functions to ensure all necessary inputs are received in order to maximize forecast accuracy and for providing the Cluster Leadership Team visibility of the forecast, communicating rationale for changes and identifying risks/opportunities.
- Accountable for the activities of two Sales Forecasting Analysts.
- Select statistical models to develop the baseline sales forecast for the overall market.
- Perform sense checks to ensure the model will deliver reliable results at an aggregated level.
- Accountable for ensuring the baseline sales forecast is accurate.
- Support the Cluster Forecasting Analyst to fine tune the statistical model for forecasting; ensure the model is optimised to deliver the most accurate forecast possible.
- Perform a sense check of the sales forecast at brand level (including total manufacturer sales level)
- Accountable for the activities of the Sales Forecasting Analyst to ensure accurate and logical adjustments, logical data collection and inclusion into the sales forecast.
- Ensure accurate production forecasts are delivered in line with Supply Chain requirements and Finance for all product groups for forecasting purposes.
- Ensure that all forecasting, sales and profitability analysis spreadsheets are updated and developed in order to maintain the ongoing processes in ITUK.
- Identify root causes of deviation and establish opportunities to improve performance
- Ensure cross-functional forecast sign off meetings are scheduled with the appropriate set of attendees.
- Protect integrity of forecast and come to an agreed position.
- Identify and communicate performance tasks against targets and suggest areas of improvement.
- Review performance reports and effectiveness of measurements (short, medium and long term).
- Understand effectiveness of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and identify reasons that targets were not met.
- Review and agree actions to improve future forecast accuracy, and agree actions to address issues.
- Present the forecasts to Cluster Leadership Team, gain agreement and sign off.
- Retains complete accountability for forecasts and protects the integrity of forecasts.
- Deliver strategic forecasts with sound analytical rationale that contribute to the ongoing formation of brand, portfolio, sales and overall market strategies.
- Collaborate with Brand Chassis Team and Cluster Planning to support the Sales Forecasting Analyst in developing the sales forecast for test initiative(s).
- Ensure the accurate and effective forecasting of one-off costs related to volume and growth trajectory (post-migration).
- Co-ordinate development of forecast for new products, initiatives, migrations and de- lists. Collaborate and engage with various departments and stakeholders
- Ensure the consolidation of local reports and internal data to predict future trends, estimating the likely impact on future volumes.
- Ensure insights from the wider Insights & Intelligence Team are taken into account for forecasts and champions them accordingly.
Skills & experience
- Experience of managing & developing a high performance team.
- Strong engagement skills and ability to influence.
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to communicate complex data in simplified form
- Knowledge of forecasting methodologies and ability to drive best practice
- An understanding of the organisational structure including both formal and informal networks
- A broad and detailed understanding of current market dynamics including the competitive environment
What we offer
Imperial Tobacco offers a competitive package of salary, bonus scheme, pension and 25 days holiday (with an additional 4 days on top to cover the Christmas period and bank holidays).
Interested applicants should apply with a letter of application highlighting their suitability for the role and current CV.
- Demand Planning
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job