Purpose of the Role
The purpose of this role is to manage the Demand Planning function.
As Demanding Planning Manager you will manage and analyse the demand forecast for Domestic Appliance products categories and peripherals for the UK and Ireland. Working in collaboration with relevant stakeholders (Sales team, Product Marketing team, Operations team, Finance function and Global Supply Chain team at HQ as well as our factories) you will build robust forecasts & planning and ensure that supply plans adequately support this.
Short/Medium term Demand Forecasting & Planning for the UK and Ireland:
- Leading the development of the unconstrained demand process.
- Leading and where necessary, challenging the consensus demand forecast with sales teams, Product Marketing team and our external customers.
Responsible for Supply Plans i.e. stock purchasing to support demand plan:
- Managing and controlling levels of finished goods stock at own warehouses and with distributors to ensure optimal product availability and supply chain planning plus best in class inventory management.
- Take accountability for monitoring and analysing actual performance versus forecast and provide financial analysis, including KPIs, for management decision making.
Execution and Performance Management:
- Monitoring and analysing weekly/monthly/quarterly performance against Demand/Supply plans.
- Setting up monthly Sales Targets for the business and managing the execution of short/medium term demand plans/sales plan.
- Taking corrective action, by allocating supply in periods of shortage according to channel stocks and other market factors whilst keeping stakeholders fully informed in good time.
Building a great level of customer collaboration in terms of demand planning:
- Leading and/or participating in Supply Chain and cross functional projects and undertake ad-hoc work as required to support the business from a Supply Chain perspective.
In-depth understanding and working knowledge of demand planning strategy, S&OP development and leadership and/or customer collaboration strategies essential.
- Consumer Electronics/FMCG experience highly desired
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent skills in Microsoft (Excel) and SAP
Excellent education and strong career progression to date.
To be successful in this role you ideally have/are:-
- You must demonstrate clear evidence of strong Demand planning and operations skills and progress made in this area in your career to-date.
- You must show strength and deep knowledge across the short/medium term demand strategy stream and S&OP development and handle operations or execution as per plan.
- You must demonstrate customer focus as well as effective communication and influencing skills.
- You must excel in setting priorities and multi-tasking in order to meet tight deadlines though are also able to operate in a flexible way and use your initiative in your work.
- You must demonstrate a track record of success and are now keen to develop your career with a leading multinational Consumer Electronics Goods company.
- Consumer Electronics
- Supply Chain
- Demand Planning