Job Title: Demand Planning Assistant - Maternity Cover
Job Type: Full Time, Contract
The Company is the UK's No. 1 casual tableware brand, synonymous with quality and award-winning product design, selling to an impressive customer base worldwide. They also have a very strong product base in branded cookware and tableware accessories.
There's now a temporary vacancy to cover the maternity leave of our Demand Planning Assistant. Demand planning is a key role within the Company and so the post is highly valued. Reporting to, and supporting, the Company Demand Planner, this is a fantastic opportunity for someone interested in Demand Planning or looking for a role to develop analytical skills. The role would suit someone early in their career in Supply Chain or perhaps a graduate or similar looking for a solid step into Supply Chain or analytical work as a career. You will need excellent Excel skills and have a flair for detailed analysis. Tenacity and accuracy will be vital for the range of supply chain analysis that will be undertaken in this role.
- Assisting the Demand Planner in processing the monthly forecasting cycle.
- Using Excel and VBA to automate and improve processes and outputs, including regular monthly reports, dynamic Excel tables
- Work closely with the Sales, Retail and Marketing teams to apply any appropriate market intelligence to the forecast and ensure that all promotions & NPD are captured
- Producing numbers of KPIs including forecast accuracy forecast stability, and slow-moving stock report
- Create any require ad hoc analyses and what if scenarios for the Supply Chain function
- Resolve errors within the system, ensure that they are escalated
- Support current systems
- Liaise with purchasing team, Outsourced Supply Planning, Production Planning and Finance functions
Essential Skills & Qualifications
- Advanced skills in MS Excel - be able to process large amounts of data confidently using a variety of functions and formulas (including logical, text, reference and nested formulas)
- Can marshal large data sets within Excel - ranging from a few thousand records to hundreds of thousands
- Intermediate or advanced skills in VBA for Excel - able to write/debug macros that provide dynamic, accurate solutions to automate manual tasks
- Attention to detail
- Analytical Reasoning & problem solving
- Supply chain experience is essential
- Free parking
- Employee Discount
- Scheme Pension
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of: E-Commerce Assistant, Purchasing Analyst, Supply Chain Assistant, Business Analyst, Data Analyst, Supply Chain Administrator, E-Commerce Executive, Supply Chain Analyst, Purchasing Assistant, Buying Analyst, Materials Coordinator, Forecasting Analyst, Forecasting Assistant, Assistant Buyer, Demand Planning Analyst, Demand Planning Manager, Demand Planner, Inventory Manager, Stock Controller, Operations Manager, Resource Planning Manager, Production Planner and Manufacturing Planning Coordinator may also be considered for this role.
- Business Analyst
- Data Analyst
- Supply Chain Analyst
- Supply Chain Administrator
- Purchasing Assistant
- Forecasting Analyst
- Materials Coordinator
- Purchasing Analyst
- Supply Chain Assistant
- E-Commerce Assistant
- E-Commerce Executive
- Buying Analyst
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job