The role of Demand Planner will be to work within the Supply Chain team, providing accurate demand plans to ensure optimun stock levels within their distribution centre, whilst reducing transportation costs from internal manufacturing sites.
Utilising the internal forecasting tool (INFOR) to monitor, analyse and generate accurate mid and long term forecasts to enable sufficient stock levels to meet the customers demand, whilst maximizing ocean freight and enabling better capacity planning within our plants.
Location - Aldershot
Salary - up to £35,000 + Bonus + 28 days holiday (with bank holidays on top)
Key duties for the position of Demand Planner -
- To actively support the Customer Service Team by questioning/managing the customer changing demand with liaison between Customers, Supply Chain Team, Account managers and 3rd party warehouse.
- Create demand plan at customer/product level and product level for mass production parts using INFOR/SAP/Excel tools.
- Forecast data gathering, upload to INFOR and forecast analyis; review internally and with customers from warehouse customers and/or distribution customers.
- Manage demand by exceptions.
- Create allocation plans as and when required.
- Regular data management in INFOR and SAP.
- INFOR data management: material, hierarchy and price set up, new account set up.
- Liaise with the Project Team/Forecasting Team/Customer Service Team and Customers to set up new projects, request, receive and analyse relevant information for forecasting once project phases are completed.
- Liaise with Supply Planners and proactively respond where customer demand is not met;
- Regular liaison with Customers and Internal Teams to ensure demand and supply is balanced to best fulfil customer requirements while keeping the logistics cost to minimum.
- Understand customer business and retrieve any information as required by communication with the customer; Face to face meetings when appropriate may also be required to ensure good customer relationships (not regular, adhoc).
- Maintain and manage filing systems with regular archiving as necessary
Key skills required for the position of Demand Planner -
- Successful and demonstrable experience in demand planning. Understanding of the demand planning trends, new project implementation in a fast paced environment.
- Experience using SAP and Infor would be desirable , or experience using similar MRP/Forecasting tools
- Intermediate Excel - Pivot Tables and V Lookups
- Strong communication experience
If you are experience within Demand Planning / Forecasting, and are looking for your next role within supply chain, then please apply below.
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.
- Demand Planner / Demand Planning / Forecasting
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job