To provide the business with an accurate demand plan based on sales forecasts and historical trends
To manage a nominated portfolio of Customers generating volume forecasts by sku by week to support the business plan.
To ensure robust forecasts at SBA level reflecting any seasonality.
To enable delivery of customer service targets within agreed inventory targets.
A leading food supplier in the UK and Europe. The organisation is valued for their work ethic within the FMCG world which has helped with their continued growth. They promote internal progression for individuals with potential and are looking to expand their procurement team due to continued growth in the business.
- Manage sales forecast by SKU within a portfolio of customers within the statistical forecasting package (APO).
- Monitor sales performance against forecast and take corrective actions to deliver forecast accuracy targets.
- Ensure exception messages & alerts are actioned and dealt with in a timely manner.
- Hold monthly internal reviews with Account Managers to agree the forward plan- focussing on forecast accuracy, promotions, changes in distribution, new listings & discontinuations.
- Maintain & track promotional forecasts utilising historical analysis and current / future market intelligence.
- Issue weekly promotional performance reports.
- Issue weekly reports on forecast accuracy.
- Prepare monthly forecasting report and KPI’s by customer.
- Hold monthly collaborative forecasting meetings with top 6 customers.
- Assist in the budgeting process.
- Evaluate and integrate customer forecast, stock and EPOS data as appropriate.
- Maintain the business statistical forecasting package.
- Work to strengthen relationships with key internal contacts (sales, buying, marketing, customer services and planning / manufacturing).
Skills & Experience
- Good understanding of statistical sales forecasting techniques and forecasting packages.
- Understanding of sales and marketing promotion planning processes.
- Understanding of customer data sources.
- Understanding of customer service order fulfilment processes.
- Understanding of customer event planning processes and customer logistics.
- Understanding of formal stock planning processes from forecast creation through to requirements planning.
- Excellent data analysis and presentation skills.
- Use of SAP.
- Able to handle numerous priorities simultaneous and manage workload to meet deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills required for building strong business relationships.
- Effective communicator and influencer
- Team working
- Excellent analytical ability and presentation skills
- Problem Solving
Whilst we will always endeavour to respond to you, due to the high levels of applications we receive this isn’t always possible. If you are not contacted within 7 working days, you have unfortunately not been shortlisted for this role.
Please note The Advocate Group is acting as an employment agency & business.