There is now a vacancy for a Demand Planner / Supply Chain Manager to join a successful manufacturing company based in Gillingham, Kent. As Demand Planner / Supply Chain Manager you will be offered a competitive salary of c£42,500.
Demand Planner / Supply Chain Manager - Job Function:
Responsible for the end-to-end management of securing the supply of parts from a Global supplier base in a timely and cost efficient manner in order to meet the needs of the business, ensuring optimum inventory. You will be responsible for the Stock Controller, Warehouse Supervisor and Purchasing.
Demand Planner / Supply Chain Manager - Duties and Responsibilities:
• Controlling the sourcing, purchasing, warehousing, storage and distribution processes in the most efficient manner, and within set budgets
• Managing supplier relationships to ensure that procurement partnerships are mutually beneficial.
• Demand planning and reduction of costs / lead times through implementation of Kanban and JIT
• Responsible for New Product Introduction from a materials perspective.
• Communicating the status of materials within the total supply chain to the wider business
• Analysing data and producing accurate reports
• Preparation of the Purchasing budget and control expenditure
• Reviewing SAP purchase requests to maintain agreed stock levels.
• Ensuring costs for purchased items are minimised through effective negotiation
• Secure highest accuracy of all relevant SAP data
• Inventory management alongside the Stock Controller such as forecasting, demand profiling and inventory reduction
• Implement measures to ensure the integrity, relevance and traceability of stock
Demand Planner / Supply Chain Manager - Person Specification
• Qualified to Degree level or equivalent
• Demand planning and supplier development experience within manufacturing
• Experience of SAP, JD Edwards are desirable
• CIPS qualification an advantage
Keywords: Materials Controller / Materials Control / Demand Planner / Demand Planning / Inventory Planner / Inventory Controller / Inventory Manager / Supply Chain / Supply Chain Manager
Commutable from: Gillingham / Chatham / Rochester / Strood / Gravesend / Dartford / Maidstone / Sittingbourne / Faversham / Ashford
- Raw Materials
- Supply Chain
- Demand Planning
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job