The Demand Planner will liaise with Product Managers, Sales Department and other commercial aspects of the business, to determine the future requirements of the business. Orders will be raised by the Demand Planner on AEB, to ensure the forecast products are received in time for season selling.
Position in the organisation
This position will report into the Operations Manager.
Working with various commercial departments within AUK and AEB, it is the Demand Planners responsibility to generate a forecast for the coming seasons, ensuring the data is as correct as possible.
It is the Demand Planners responsibility to ensure that once the forecast has been established, to hit the forward budgets, that purchase orders are raised, to cover the forecast requirements. During the buying period, "sell in" data will be used to flex the forecast to make sure that requirements are in-line with what the market are taking.
The Demand Planners role takes them across most departments. They will work with Finance and Sales to review budgets, and recommend modifications. Review promotional plans with Sales and Marketing, and feed into Operations, to support and assist Orderbook Management.
Support and ownership of the A3 forecasting system.
The Demand Planner is responsible for creating and maintaining the Critical Path, a tool used by the business to ensure key events are recorded and kept, to enable an efficient business process. A Commercial Planning meeting is held monthly, to go through AUK stock availability and ensure the right stock is being held to achieve budget, and to also review stock shortages and oversold, with the intention of rectifying the issues.
Knowledge and experience
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in a Demand Planning role
- Proven track record of Demand Planning success
- Intermediate to advanced level of Word and Excel essential
- Excellent working knowledge of SAP would be advantageous
- Previous experience of managing people would be advantageous
- Project involvement experience
- Experience of working across disciplines, and being able to lead
- Knowledge of the Sports footwear/apparel industry would be advantageous
- Written and verbal communication
- Influencing skills
- Process control and accuracy
- Flexible attitude and approach to work
- Attention to detail
- Able to cope with changing priorities
- Planning and organisation
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to dictate deadlines
- Ability to analyse detailed information
- Commercial Planning
- Demand Planning
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job