Security Engagement Manager
As we evolve into a truly digital company, Vodafone Group Technology spans across the entire Vodafone footprint and drives our technology advancements, to enable us to be the best and most secure in unified communications. We empower our consumer and enterprise customers to be confidently and securely connected. Our unique capabilities create the best voice and data to our customers and continue our advancement in the Internet of Things (IOT), BIG Data, Cybersecurity, Cloud & Hosting, TV and Video. We’re heading to an exciting future – fancy being part of our Vodafone Gigabit growth?
The Security Demand & Engagement Manager is responsible for managing, in a highly collaborative and supportive manner, technology security demand from all Vodafone Local Markets and Group Entities and owning the end-to-end engagement with key stakeholders.
Working with colleagues in Group Technology Security and their counterparts within Local Markets and Group Entities, the Security Demand & Engagement Manager shall provide a consolidated view across each Security element for their assigned stakeholder group, ensuring each stakeholder’s implementation plans are aligned to those of Group Technology Security and that accurate progress of such plans is maintained within the central reporting systems.
In this capacity, the role holder shall maintain clear plans of record for each stakeholder that include high level activity planning/scheduling and risk/issue management. Given the role is heavily based on strong stakeholder/relationship management, the role holder is required to hold regular reviews with each stakeholder to assess progress and provide the forum whereby concerns may be discussed and appropriate action plans drawn up.
The role holder may also be required to assist their stakeholders in the budget formulation lifecycle, providing guidance on expected funding requirements for each element within the agreed Technology Security programmes.
The role holder shall interact with Group Technology Security Service Delivery Managers and SMEs to ensure a two-way flow of communication between them and their assigned Local Markets/Group Entities and ensure any changes in approach or updates to relevant documentation are clearly communicated to all relevant parties.
In addition, the Security Demand & Engagement Manager will act as a key advocate for Technology Security within the business, promoting the adoption of common requirements/solutions and promoting security best practice when coming into contact with Vodafone colleagues worldwide. The Security Demand& Engagement Manager will be required to operate effectively in a dynamic and constantly changing environment, in which people and stakeholders need to be actively engaged.
• Own the end to end engagement with assigned Local Market & Group Entity stakeholders for the management of incoming demand and the delivery of agreed Technology Security Controls
• Security 2020 strategy communication - Communicate approach, priorities and timelines to Local Market & Group Entity stakeholders and supporting with requirements
• Align & coordinate all non-operational activities in GTS in order to reduce contact points for Local Markets & Group entities and ensure a better roadmap & pipeline planning for the incoming demand (single front door)
• Support Local Market & Group Entity stakeholders with implementation of security controls & projects
• Ensure effective programme level governance and reporting requirements are adopted for all Local Market & Group Entity stakeholders
• Establish and maintain a Local Market & Group Entity Risk/Issue/Dependency log to identify areas that may pose a threat to the successful outcomes of the agreed security programmes
• Facilitate budget reviews with assigned Local Markets & Group Entities to ensure stakeholders are making sufficient funding provision for the implementation of Technology Security projects
• Create and maintain the forecast/schedule of Local Market & Group Entity adoption of central Technology Security services
• Maintain a two-way flow of communications between Technology Security Delivery Managers, SMEs and Local Market & Group Entity stakeholders
• Align with Risk & Compliance and Governance teams to ensure programme reporting is accurate and relevant.
• Drive the Control Owners and Delivery Managers to deliver solutions in-line with Local Market requirements ensuring dates, dependencies and timelines meet expectations.
• Excellent communication and stakeholder management capabilities to successfully interact in and outside GTS within a complex matrix environment
• Skilled in relationship management – getting closer to the customer
• A good understanding of IT and Information Security
• Experience in project coordination and/or project management
• Experience in working on international projects and stakeholders
• A reputation for self-motivation, integrity, cultural sensitivity and strong interpersonal skills
• Professional Project or Security qualification is highly preferred (e.g. CISM, CISSP, Prince2, APMG)
What’s in it for you?
We’ll help you be the best you can be, with dedicated support and mentoring, plenty of opportunity to develop and progress – plus a solid dedication to work-life balance. It all means you’ll have everything you need to advance your career, and achieve your full potential.
As well as a generous basic salary, annual company bonus, you also have 28 day’s holiday, company pension scheme, Life Insurance, product discounts and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
Do you want to Learn more?
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process – click now to apply.
Please advise if you require any alterations or adjustments to support you through our recruitment process. If so please contact us at