Deloitte has a clear commercial focus. The Deloitte Pensions team is well established and has ambitious targets for further growth. In light of this we are currently seeking new members of staff to work within our Trustee Services department which is part of Deloitte’s Actuarial, Reward & Analytics section. The Trustee Services team provide a full range of pension services to a portfolio of defined benefit and defined contribution occupational pension schemes. The successful candidates will be based in our Belfast office.
From the outset, you'll enjoy exposure to a broad and varied client base, enabling you to increase your market knowledge across a wide range of industries.
We take your development very seriously. Our appraisal process is structured, transparent and interactive - you'll receive continuous training and on-going supportive feedback to achieve the goals that you set yourself. And with no glass ceilings, you will be able to make a difference here by really influencing and shaping the strategic direction of our practice.
The Pensions Practice, Deloitte Total Rewards and Benefits (DTRB), within the Consulting Service Line is a multi-disciplinary group comprising around 110 professionals - actuaries, employee benefits specialists, investment professionals and administrators, led by seven partners. The practice advises employers on pensions and other employee benefit issues. We are a national practice with a large team in London, together with teams in Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Belfast.
You will be based in a Deloitte Belfast office, however travel will be required for client based projects. Whilst some clients are London based, we do spend time on site with regional and international clients. We specify full mobility for our consulting roles but we make arrangements respectfully, there may be some opportunity for working from home depending on client demands.
We do encourage careful consideration of agile ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients.
Our actuarial analysts will have responsibility for:
- Completing actuarial calculations for both our Trustee and Corporate clients
- Be part of a wider team reporting to our scheme consultants
- Working with the wider Deloitte team including audit teams
- Becoming familiar with our Trustee pension scheme clients
- Managing personal workflow across a number of projects
- Preparation of reporting documents for presentation to clients
To qualify for the role you must have:
- GCSE Maths and English C or above grade or equivalent
- In total a minimum of 3 A levels at grade B or above or equivalent, including Mathematics
- Completed or in the process of studying the CT subjects of the actuarial qualifications
- Experience of using Microsoft Office, Word and Excel applications
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills to ensure collaboration with administration, actuarial and consultancy team
You are here: Consulting
Three core competency areas make up our Consulting service line:
- Strategy & Operations
- Human Capital
We exist to solve complex problems
- Our consultants are renowned for their straightforward approach to solving some of the world’s largest and most complex business challenges. With a team of over 3,000, each of us is energised by the challenge a seemingly inscrutable problem presents. Our distinctiveness lies in our refusal to accept a problem at face value - we draw on the depth of our shared insight to ask the right questions, and it’s these questions that uncover answers - answers with impact
- We are committed to collaboration
- Our role is to unlock potential for growth and innovation. We believe this requires real collaboration - with our own networks and with our clients. It’s why we commit to truly getting under the skin of our client’s needs, developing a full appreciation for their environment, goals and ambitions. We’re also unafraid to challenge. In so doing, we build long-term and trusted affinities.
- We create long-term, sustainable impact
- We often work hand-in-hand with our clients to help find the right solution and to help apply that solution. Our aim is to leave behind ambassadors who are equipped to continue the transformation we began. For us, it’s about embedding sustainable change, allowing the impact of our insight to be felt for a long time to come.
- We offer a number of different career pathways
- We offer three different career pathways at Deloitte, meaning that there are three different routes by which people can progress in Consulting. We provide variety regarding the career options available to you, assisting you to take career steps that fit your skills, talents and aspirations, and providing an environment where those choices can be discussed in meaningful and constructive career conversations.
The Consulting Career Paths are:
Consulting pathway - pathway based around developing a broad consulting skillset alongside building expertise in a specific domain
Consulting Solutions pathway - pathway where there is greater focus on building skills and deep expertise in a specific domain. Practitioners have a narrow focus, determined by their SME and type of contribution made
Consulting Services pathway - pathway for people whose career is built around the delivery of managed services to clients (either internal or external)
For full job description please see our Career Site
Requisition code: 137841
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'