Do you have proven experience in managing the delivery of production projects? Are you looking to take on an exciting new challenge? If so Airborne Systems now have a fantastic opportunity available for a Delivery Manager to join our team in Llangeinor.
In return for your hard work as our Delivery Manager, you can expect to receive a competitive salary depending on experience and qualifications, including a competitive pension as well as working a 4-day week, Monday to Thursday.
The Ideal Delivery Manager:
You will have extensive experience within an Aerospace / Defence production environment, with a proven track record of delivering technical projects on time and to budget. You will also:
- Be experienced with the successful generation and implementation of Project Management practices across functions and multi-disciplined teams.
- Have a degree or equivalent experience gained within a Project Management discipline or similar. Ideally, you will have a Post Graduate Management Qualification
- Be experienced in delivering obligations within commercial and legislative constraints and with UK MoD Contracts.
- Have an understanding of Defence and Aerospace Quality Standards including ISO 9001 QA procedures and requirements.
- Be a strong leader of teams with the managerial, commercial and financial competencies
- Be an effective decision maker, who exercises professional judgement and takes personal responsibility for the direction of projects and teams
- Be adaptable and biased to action, will inspire others, be solution focused and know how to get the best from the team
- Be proactive in the identification and capture of new business in conjunction with Sales and Marketing, delivering contracted tasks/projects, driving IR&D and providing support to operations, sales and QA as required
Delivery Manager Responsibilities:
The Delivery Manager shall be responsible for planning, organising, motivating, and controlling resources to ensure contractual delivery requirements are met to quality, cost, scope and time constraints and to our customers satisfaction. Whilst the majority of the Delivery Manager’s role will be focused on the delivery of contractual commitments, they will also be required to take an active role in bid preparation to ensure what is being bid can be delivered. Duties include:
- Promote and deliver the implementation of Project Management disciplines across the company
- Manage stakeholder expectations (internal and external)
- Report timely and accurate information pertinent to progress, risks, issues, financial performance and quality
- Manage, develop and mentor team members by educating them on the benefits of project and programme management
- Resolve local issues within the delivery teams without the need for escalation
- Effectively use baselines and Change Control within each contract
- Operate to our published BMS and actively evaluate its effectiveness making recommendation for continuous improvement where appropriate.
- Encourage and promote effective integration with other departments
- Lead, mentor, develop and manage delivery team personnel
- Deliver allocated contract to time, cost, quality, scope and the satisfaction of our customers.
About Airborne Systems
Airborne Systems is part of a highly successful international parent company. We are at the forefront of design, manufacturing and technology for an innovative range of products to worldwide customers within the demanding Aerospace and Defence sectors.
If you are looking for your next challenge as a Delivery Manager, then we want to hear from you, please click APPLY!
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.
- Delivery Manager
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job