New opportunity not to be missed!Ordnance Survey has a unique opportunity available for a Delivery Manager to join the team in Southampton. The role is a full time, permanent position offering a competitive salary of £44,000 - £55,000 per annum and excellent benefits – this is a fantastic opportunity to develop a rewarding career.
Ordnance Survey (OS) is the national mapping agency for Great Britain, and a world-leading geospatial data and technology organisation. Serving government, business and citizens across Britain and the world, OS helps customers in virtually all sectors improve quality of life.
OS expertise and data supports efficient public services and infrastructure, new technologies in transport and communications, national security and emergency services. And most famously we ensure outdoor leisure is enjoyable, accessible and safe. By being at the forefront of geospatial capability for more than 225 years, we’ve built a reputation for being the world’s most trusted and inspiring geospatial partner.
OS is progressing a number of exciting projects so customers can access data in a highly sophisticated way. Through innovative use of latest technologies OS has the potential and opportunity to significantly improve the lives of millions of people across the globe. This is a unique opportunity to be a part of OS as we deliver the best for Britain, grow revenues more widely and build a world-leading digital economy of the future.
About the Delivery Manager role
Reporting into the Senior Delivery Manager, you will provide Delivery leadership in a specialist Engineering domain, accountable for how we deliver investment projects and operational services as part of a whole life service. You will be an advocate of progressive software development techniques and responsible for the ongoing management of domain capability.
Although specific training and mentoring will be provided where required, you will already have a very good technical background either in a support or development capacity and certainly be familiar with Database concepts and principles. With your track record you will not have demonstrable technical abilities and use your excellent problem solving and investigative skills to get to the root cause of incidents and issues and proactively seek measures to prevent these reoccurring. Providing a high level of customer service is of second nature to you, so you will have a strong customer focus and be more than comfortable in taking ownership of issues or other concerns.
As a Delivery Manager, you will:
- Manage the capacity and capability of your Engineering domain
- Manage the prioritisation and utilisation of resources within the domain
- Plan project delivery through estimating, budgeting, and resource planning
- Collaborate with Project managers to assure the successful delivery of business change
- Manage and control the flow of work through the domain using a capacity constrained delivery approach
- Coach and mentor to improve domain capability and optimise teams, particularly in agile practices
- Manage the creation and optimisation of software delivery teams within your domain
- Provide line management to the Engineering resources within the domain
- Provide clear reporting and MI on the activity within your domain
- Work closely with the domain Service Owner to ensure the services delivered within the domain are fit for purpose.
What we look for in the Delivery Manager:
- You will have a strong delivery background with experience of managing and working in project teams
- Excellent knowledge of a range of project and software delivery techniques
- Strong analytical skills to enable effective planning and decision making
- You will be great at analysing data and identifying trends/ issues and key highlights/lowlights which need to be raised
- Good knowledge of software development practices (CI/CD, TDD, Test Automation)
- Excellent organisational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- The ability and gravitas to build and maintain excellent working relationships and manage senior stakeholders
- Experience in managing and coaching teams
- Proven ability to work to tight and changeable deadlines
We offer a fantastic benefits package to the ideal Delivery Manager:
- Salary - £44,000 - £55,000
- Performance related bonus
- Competitive pension
- 37 hour working week
- 25 days annual leave - (30 days after five years) bank holidays and an extra 3 over Christmas
- Training & Development
- Paid volunteer day
- Bike to Work scheme (with secure bike storage and excellent changing facilities)
- Free onsite parking
- Subsidised on-site staff restaurant
- On-site nursery
- Very generous staff benefits including over 500 discounts from national stores
- Wide variety of sports and social clubs
- Support for your health and wellbeing from eye care vouchers to health checks
- Flexible working hours
Why not click ‘apply’ today? Don’t miss out on this opportunity to join the world’s leading map making and big data organisation as our Delivery Manager.
Closing date: 9 March 2018