Salary: Up to £10.92 per hour (based on performance related pay)
Hours: 3 - 5 days per week including regular weekend working 7.5 hour shifts between 05:00 and 23:00 (longer shifts may be available). Overtime paid as an hourly rate
About the company:
Farmdrop represents a new approach to food retailing whereby the benefits of cutting out the middlemen are shared between customers who enjoy fresher, healthier food at lower prices, and smaller scale producers who enjoy best-ever trading terms.
We already deliver food around London and Bristol using our own fleet of electric vans and we’re excited to keep expanding our reach. We’re a dynamic, friendly and people-focused team passionate about using technology to fix the food chain!
About the role:
Farmdrop is opening a new hub in Enfield and we are looking to hire a team of friendly Delivery Drivers (known internally as Farmdroppers) to spread the word about Farmdrop, whilst delivering amazing local produce to our customers.
Duties of the Delivery Driver:
- Deliver a ‘best in class’ delivery experience around London in our eco-friendly vans (we may occasionally require you to go further afield)
- Be a pioneer of exceptional customer service - create a memorable experience for our customers
- Be the “Face of Farmdrop” and represent all our brand stands for
- Have a reasonable knowledge of our producers, products and policies to answer customer queries
- Carry out daily checks of vehicles and load the eco-friendly vans
- Follow routing software to make deliveries, but apply local knowledge where applicable
- Get stuck in with the hub operations whenever needed
Requirements of the Delivery Driver:
- Clean UK driving licence
- Experience of driving in London
- Experience of excellent customer service - understanding customers’ needs and willing to go the extra mile
- The right to work in the UK
- Agreement for Farmdrop to run a driving licence check
- Comfortable with manual handling and working in a cold (fridge) environment from time to time
- Comfortable handling meat, fish and alcohol
- Previous experience of multi-drop deliveries (Desirable)
- Previous sales experience (Desirable)
Delivery Driver Benefits:
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays plus up to 2 paid days off per year for volunteering/charity work
- 30% discount on all products sold through Farmdrop
- Mind & Body Training benefit
- Work in a dynamic environment with a great team who are passionate about what they do
- An opportunity to change the food system for the better
- Pension enrolment
If you meet the requirements and feel that this Delivery Driver role is right for you then please apply today!
We value diversity at Farmdrop and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital or disability status.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'