We are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients who are currently seeking a Delivery Driver to join their operations team based in Honingham. The purpose of this role is to deliver commodities to meet the commercial requirements of the business units in order to maximise efficiency whilst upholding Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental standards.
Duties will include:
Loading and Distribution
• To liaise with the Site Manager on distribution
• To transport product from the crop protection store and deliver to customer premises
• To prepare loads for delivery
• To plan efficient and cost effective routes to deliver product within agreed timescales
• To operate the site forklift in the correct manner
• To communicate with stores person regarding stock movements and packaging problems
• To assist in the maintenance of buildings
• To maintain the delivery vehicle and ensure it is clean and tidy
• To report any defects to company vehicle immediately to the Site Manager
Health and Safety
• To ensure compliance with the quality manual when handling distribution operations
• To ensure the safe disposal of waste spillage and dust debris promptly.
• To ensure all deliveries abide by the terms of ADR regulations and FIAS Transport Instructions
• To ensure accurate paperwork is completed where required
• To hand all paperwork to the appropriate person as required
• Ability to work co-operatively with others and independently at times without supervision
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to build effective working relationships both internally and externally.
• A flexible approach to working hours specifically in peak periods
• Proven experience of working in a fast paced environment
• Ability to work towards deadlines
• Clean driving licence
• ADR licence
• Focused on using skills, training and experience to the benefit of the customer.
• Self-motivated and tenacious
• Flexible approach to work and managing changing priorities
• An effective team player
• Solution focused
• Promote equality and diversity through your attitude and behaviour.
If this is a position you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job