Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £19,000 to £22,000 per annum depending on skill and experience
Working day and hours: Monday to Friday working 7.30am to 4.00pm plus potential overtime
My client is looking for a reliable and self-motivated driver with plenty of experience driving Luton box vans (or similar size vehicles).
The duties of the role will include:
- The transport of goods from the warehouse to various contract sites or retail clients based in and around London.
- Being responsible for loading, unloading, preparing, cleaning, and operating a vehicle for delivery duties.
- When arriving at the delivery location, the driver (along with team) will be required to distribute the materials to the relevant location on-site.
- The role will be fairly labour intensive and the potential candidate will be required to be fit and able.
- As well as delivering goods, drivers must be able to perform various administrative duties such as filling in forms and getting signatures from the customers
The job is ideally suited to someone who works on their initiative and feels at ease dealing with a wide range of different customers.
Essential Skills and experience
- Strong experience driving Luton Box Vans
- Clean driving license
- Strong job stability in previous roles
- Having good written and spoken communication skills.
- Being able to read, understand and complete paperwork relating to deliveries
- Being able to work well within a team
- Being polite and have customer service skills
Desirable Skills and experience
- Having good knowledge about routes in and around the London area.
- CSCS card would be advantageous but not essential
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job