Degree Apprenticeship Opportunities
Apprentices will receive training from industry professionals in either of Curtiss-Wright's key segments: Industrial or Defense. Apprentices will have the opportunity to work across multiple departments within the organisation, gaining valuable hands-on experience with our subject matter experts in both the design and manufacture of our products all whilst earning a Degree level qualification.
How it Works
Our Apprentices will attend college/university on a day release format in order to complete their Degree Apprenticeship qualifications. You will start this from HNC through to Degree level, depending on the qualifications on joining. The Apprenticeship training course is a total of 6 years. You will support different departments and work in a supervised environment for the majority of your Apprenticeship. You will start in September 2018 and progress through the salary scales linked to the successful completion of each year of the course.
- Provide support to various departments / department leads during your training period, completing work assignments as directed by the local Supervisor.
- Learn about products, processes, machinery, systems, culture and people through completion of the Apprenticeship scheme.
- Provide reports, analysis and statistical data as required by local management.
- May provide support and guidance to other Apprentices and to the HR Manager in delivering induction / hiring activities, presentations etc.
- Successful candidates will rotate through various departments including Production and Engineering.
- BTEC qualification, preferably in mechanical / electronics, OR 3 A Levels (minimum 3B's) with one of the subjects being Maths
- You should have a genuine interest in electronics / manufacturing and this must be demonstrated in you CV/cover letter upon application
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to export control regulations such as the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must meet eligibility requirements of the ITAR and of the UK/EU through completion of a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) application. In the event information provided on the BPSS application reveals ineligibility to access US export controlled information, any offer of employment may be withdrawn.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisitionopens an email client application and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request
- Mechanical Engineering
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job