I am working with a client based in Sheffield looking for a manual turner/borer/trepanner. They are ideally looking for a multiskilled engineer who can set and operate both lathes and boring machines for the large scale work they do. over a 40 hour week,They are looking for fully skilled manual machinists who can work on their own initiative.
They are an extremely busy firm,who offer plenty of progression and over time.They are a rapidly growing business, almost doubling their annual turnover in the last two years and it doesn't look to be slowing down any time soon
the work is mainly small batches of between 5-10 components. working with materials such as steel,titanium and Duplex the engineer should be comfortable working to tolerances on a regular basis.
Reporting to Production Coordinator
Purpose of the Role
Responsible for producing component parts to drawing specification, ensuring the highest
level of accuracy and timely completion to support the manufacturing process of new and
* Operating and setting the machine and loading it with the right cutting tools as indicated to produce a specific component parts to high tolerances.
* Produce component parts to drawings issued by the Production Coordinator by use of machinery
* Produce Component parts in tolerance of drawing specifications
* Carry out all responsibilities as instructed by the Production Coordinator
* Produce component parts with surface finish requirements of drawing specification
* Ensure all production deadlines are met
* Maintain a high standard of quality control and ensure that all production is in budget
* Ensure the work environment is conducive to product and service quality
* Keep a clean and manageable working area
* Communicate regularly with the Production Coordinator on specific production requirements
* Comply with the Management System requirements for Health and Safety ensuring others work to company and policies and procedures
* Report any accidents to line manager
* Comply with Risk Assessments, Method Statements and the Health and Safety Management System
* Ensure compliance with the management systems requirement for the Environment and Quality by working to company policies and procedures
* Wear PPE as provided
* Segregate waste into correct containers
* Liaise and work in partnership with all other functions
* Undertake additional responsibilities and tasks as required
* Ensure innovative processes are implemented
* Must be an experienced machine operator with a strong machining background and be fully conversant with modern manufacturing techniques
* Experience of producing precision components parts to engineering drawings
* Able to read and interpret engineering drawings
* Produce component parts in tolerance of drawing specification
Competent (and confident) in all technical aspects of setting and operating of turning
* Able to produce components to a high standard whilst working to tight deadlines
* Demonstrates strong time management skills with the ability to effectively coordinate
* Working knowledge and general awareness of health and safety issues
* Ability to provide quality information within deadlines
* Proactive interaction with other functions
* Team-player and ability to work on own initiative
* Strong attention to detail, with the ability to inspect component parts
* Ensure innovation, best practice and knowledge sharing
* Maintain, record and preserve all relevant reports and documentation
* Ensure compliance with all my client and Client safe working practices.
* Comply with all Company policy and procedures
* Minimum City & Guilds Mechanical Engineering relevant discipline (Desirable)
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://candidate-privacy
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'