JOB TITLE: Deep Hole Borer (Machining, Heavy Engineering)
REPORTING TO: Machine Shop Manager
DEPARTMENT: Machine Shop
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: Currently none but all members of the department are expected to supervise trainees and apprentices
JOB PURPOSE: To ensure quality engineering of components using relevant procedures and methods. Ensure health and safety in the workplace. To provide training where necessary.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Producing parts as required to the specifications and drawings.
· Setting and operating Deep Hole Borers.
· Small amount of CNC programming (Training can be provided).
· Marking off.
· Use of overhead cranes.
· Correctly identifying parts using hard stamping.
· Deburring components.
· Maintaining machinery, swarf removal, routine oiling and greasing etc.
· Carry out daily bookings.
· Adhere to and encourage health and safety methods and procedures.
· Inspection for all components throughout the process.
· Make sure all Machine Shop areas are tidy and organised.
· Complete flexibility and mobility of labour as necessary.
· Report to Machine Shop Supervisor with any problems or issues when necessary. For example: any health and safety issues or machine breakdowns must be reported.
· Inspection of work. Any non-conforming processes must be reported to team leader or Manager.
· Instruct and help train other Machine Shop personnel
· Continually keeping the department of clean and tidy as possible
· Main: Machine Shop Supervisor, Operations Director, Shop Floor
· Others: Health and Safety Representative, Technical/Quality Department
Training will be provided for the right candidate with machining or fitting background.
You can apply for this position directly through this advertisement, or for further information on this vacancy please email or call .
HRGO are an equal opportunities employer and employment agency. HRGO are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
- Machine operator
- Deep Hole Borer
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'