Decommissioning Cost Controller
Our client, a leading independent Oil & Gas operator, based in Norwich, is currently seeking a Decommissioning Cost Controller to join their Decommissioning team.
Reporting to the Decommissioning Manager you will be responsible for the implantation of a robust cost control system on decommissioning activities as well as the support of the decommissioning team through adequate cost analysis, support of the contractual/procurement process and managing the economic analysis of our client’s fields.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Produce monthly cost reports (for multiple projects)
- Analyse and interpret reports, providing recommendations to management in line with decommissioning timetable
- Financial budgeting and control of decommissioning project costs
- Manage the economic analysis of field reaching end of life, to inform decisions on decommission planning
- Maintain cost records (AFE, Commitments, Costs, Forecast, Phasing) in support of the above
- Prepare and submit monthly accruals to Financial Timetable and contribute to the annual budget process
- Critical review of costs and raising correction journals
- Check, challenge and approve purchase requisitions (including ad hoc raising).
- Reconciliation of purchase requisitions against purchase orders when required.
- Prepare monthly cash calls and cash flows to Financial Timetable
- Assist in preparation of 'Authorisation for Expenditure’ (Cost estimation and evaluation)
- Prepare Check and challenge invoices, follow correct application of contracts with suppliers
- Input to Total Risk Management from a cost and commercial perspective
- Engage with audit (internal and external) for validation or defence of costing methodology and present cost data for management when required
The ideal candidate will have strong knowledge of general accounting procedures essential with a broad practical experience and have a CIMA qualification or equivalent.
The desired candidate will have a good working knowledge of SAP and must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
For further details regarding this exciting opportunity please forward a copy of your CV today!
Todd Hayes Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. Due to the large number of applications we receive I’m afraid we are unable to respond to everyone individually however your details will remain on file should another suitable opportunity become available moving forward.
If we can take your application further we will of course be in touch.
Todd Hayes is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Todd Hayes Ltd
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job