Decommissioning and Demolition Project Manager
A 12 month contract opportunity has arisen within the public sector for an experienced project manager who will run the decommissioning and demolition of large high rise buildings and the re development of the site. Assisting and supporting the Director in the delivery of the Development Programme in accordance with group policies and procedures. The role holder will ensure that agreed targets within the agency are met, within budget and timescales.
- Monitoring the performance of the development programme and construction projects
- Preparing reports, taking appropriate action and make recommendations for improvement to the Director
- Ensuring optimal performance and deliver a first class service to internal and external customers
- Lead on the implementation of the Development Audit and Compliant Strategy
- Supervise and guidance clerks of works, project officers and management of externally appointed contractors
- Responsible for the project management of a number of developments through the coordination of the activities of solicitors, consultants, contractors, developers and client staff
- Assist the Director and other managers to promote the company, establish new relationships with external organisation and maintain existing relationships ensuring the Company is the preferred partner for development opportunities
- Preparation in consultation with the client of an acceptable brief and budget including consultation with others as appropriate
- Identification and investigation of possible development opportunities and to undertake appraisal and feasibility study
- Prepare accurate bids and submit for capital funding for future programme/projects
- Undertake financial appraisal of each scheme to ensure that it meets the Clients prevailing appraisal parameters
- To attend launch events, pro-actively work with the internal sales team to develop and prepare marketing briefs and reports to monitor scheme progress and activity ensuring the most positive outcomes are achieved
- Significant experience of managing new build housing programmes and substantial budgets
- Management of external consultants
- Managing analysing and understanding construction costs and budgets
- Extensive knowledge of property development and construction processes and a good understanding of the statutory and regulatory procedures and performance requirements
- Detailed knowledge of Homes Community Agency Scheme work
- Flexible attitude to working hours and hold a UK driving license
- Proactive, use initiative and make appropriate recommendations for service improvements
- Strong communication skills - verbal and written - and the ability to convey important information to many different people to develop working relationships both internally and externally
- Ability to digest and critically assess detailed information
- Strong IT ability and knowledge of IT applications such as word processing, databases, spreadsheets and networks
- Experience of obtaining grant funding from the HCA for affordable housing
- Charted Institute of Housing or equivalent
- Good understanding of the residential property market
In return you will be offered a fixed term 12 months contract with a competitive rate of pay and benefits.
- Affordable Housing
- Project Management
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'