We are looking for talented individuals that share a passion and desire to produce the finest quality yachts in the world. Therefore, successful applicants must have the following attributes and skills.
- Experience of working to a high standard of finish
- A desire to work in pressurised, fast paced, construction environment
- High attention to detail
- Flexibility, the ability to adapt to varied tasks
- Conscientious attitude to work
- Punctual and reliable
Working to fit components to the exterior of motor yachts, Deck Fitting tasks include the; Cutting and trimming of GRP, Drilling and tapping to secure components, Drilling into a variety of materials - such as ply wood, GRP and stainless steel. Selecting, mixing and applying various types of bonding agents and sealants, including cosmetic mastics/silicones and underwater sealants. Installing exterior hinges and marine components plus, the occasional use of Gel Coat and applying and finishing fairing compounds. Experience with engraving tools would be an advantage.
You will be able to:
- Work in restricted spaces, outdoors and, on the water if required
- Have own tools.
- Able to attend and pass a one hour Deck Fitting trade test and interview in Poole, Dorset
- Able to read scaled drawings
- Engineering skill set, including the ability to drill and tap
- Experience of working with GRP an advantage
- Keen to work in a fast paced construction environment
Please call Ross for more information