Who we are?
We are a financially strong, European regulated business operating in five different geographies, with over 9 million customer accounts, delivering strong financial returns. Our Purpose – building better financial futures.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Decision Science Modeller to be based in Manchester.
This role sits in the Decision Science team, whose task is to support the Group through advanced analytics and statistical modelling. The post holder will be required to communicate complex ideas and analytical results in a clear and concise manner to internal stakeholders at all levels up to and including the Executive Committee. The tasks faced in this role will range from routine through to highly complex and will therefore require a range of techniques to deal with them. You will work closely with the Operational Analytics team and the wider business.
Responsibilities within the role will include:
- Engage with stakeholders to understand business challenges or opportunities which may be achieved through data-driven strategies or implementation of statistical models
- Carry out exploratory analysis and datamining to develop an understanding of different datasets and identify significant trends across a wide range of data sources and scales – from hundreds of observations to billions
- Develop, test, and validate simple statistical models to answer key business questions independently
- Work as part of a team to contribute to larger modelling projects
- Document and present work to key stakeholders
- Support wider analytics functions with insight around customer behaviour to inform strategic decision making
To be successful in the role you will have the following skills:
- Degree in a quantitative field e.g. maths/statistics/physics/computer science/economics
- Knowledge of common statistical methods
- Experience of statistical modelling, preferably in a commercial setting
- Problem solving and investigative/diagnostic skills
- Hands on experience in R, Python, SQL or another programming language
- Working knowledge of Excel
- Strong communication skills at all levels, and the ability to communicate complex information in a simplified manner for non-technical stakeholders
- Confident to work in a high-pressure environment
- Interpersonal skills/good team player
- Innovative, ability to identify and suggest new ways of working
What we can offer you
We offer a competitive salary and attractive benefits package and we pride ourselves on rewarding success with our excellent bonus scheme and incentive package. We also have very interactive subsidised events, colleague engagement teams, employee recognition and development programs.
- Share Incentive Plan
- 25 Days holiday rising to 30days (plus opportunity to buy/sell)
- Pension Scheme – company matching up to 5%
- Life Assurance 4 x salary
- Private medical insurance / Health plans
- Income protection
- Employee assistance program
- Cycle to work scheme / Gym Flex / Gadget scheme
- Dress for your day
- Home working policy
During these unprecedented times we remain committed to providing you with a safe environment and we are confident that we can provide this whilst adhering to government guidelines on social distancing. The role may require both home and office working during your induction period and after completion.
Please note – we are an equal opportunities employer and FCA regulated company - we will conduct credit, fraud, criminal record and 5-year reference checks as part of our pre-employment screening. (Strictly No Recruitment Agencies Please)
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'