As a Decision Science Modeller, you will support the Decision Science team with the production and development of operational and financial pricing models.
The Client: A well-established FS business.
This Client does not provide sponsorship.
- Create statistical models including predictive, descriptive and segmentation models
- Performance monitoring and diagnostic analysis including creation of reports and post model build diagnostics
- Engaging with stakeholders and model users to understand requirements, hand over models and provide insight into model assumptions and performance
- Creating, validating, and implementing simple models independently, as well as working as part of a team to produce larger suites of related models
- Requirement to support the wider analytics function with insight to explain customer behaviour which ultimately informs strategic decision making
- The role encompasses all aspects of the model lifecycle including stakeholder engagement, project scoping & planning, data gathering, model building, documentation, performance monitoring & diagnostic analysis and user support
- Educated to degree level - degree in a quantitative field e.g. maths/ statistics/ physics/ computer science/ economics
- Knowledge of common statistical methods
- Experience of statistical modelling
- Problem solving and investigative/diagnostic skills
- At least a year of hands on experience in SQL and/or SAS and/or other coding language
- Working knowledge of Excel
- Strong communication skills at all levels, and the ability to communicate complex information in a simplified manner
- Confident to work in a high-pressure environment
- Interpersonal skills/good team player
- Innovative, ability to identify and suggest new ways of working
- Data-focused programming experience, especially including simulations
- Familiarity with forecasting
- Knowledge of financial analytics and a background in financial services
- An understanding of governance and risk frameworks e.g. FCA