Role: Debt Recovery Officer
Hours: 37 Hours per week - Mon to Fri - between 08:00 and 18:00
Wage: 11.02 per hour
1. To provide an effective, customer focused support service to users of the LGSS Debt Recovery service, systems and processes. A point of contact for colleagues and service users for queries.
2. To provide an effective debt recovery service in order to maximise income for customers and achieve resolution and payment of outstanding debt in accordance with the LGSS Collections Strategy. Providing accurate information and support in response to internal and external customers enquires according to agreed procedures, practices and regulatory and legislative requirements.
3. To answer queries relating to Adult Social Care and Sundry debts.
4. To ensure an integrated approach to transactions for LGSS through assisting with the implementation of new technologies, methodologies and processes that meet the needs of clients, customers and client organisation
1. Provide operational services within the Debt Recovery team for LGSS through the use of telephone, emails, letters and any other communication tool that is appropriate. Responsible for ensuring that efficient, accurate and timely end-to-end processes are adhered to
2. To liaise with, including the provision of updates and data to your Management and third party service providers, e.g. legal services, external debt agencies, as required in the management of efficient debt recovery processes
3. Take responsibility for and resolve service requests, queries, complaints, suggestions and compliments from customers and other stakeholders ensuring operational service priorities are met through adhering to agreed service standards and according to operational procedures
4. Take responsibility and ownership on areas of the service where improvements could be made by making recommendations and implementing agreed changes to improve efficiency
5. Work as part a team supporting your colleagues, mentoring Apprentices and New Starters to a high standard
6. Work collaboratively on projects that support developments and improvements for the Debt Recovery service in a professional and positive way including supporting system implementations, conducting system testing and delivering training to staff on new system processes
7. Manage own workload, processing high quality information / data accurately and in a timely manner
8. Embed customer service excellence within the team through contributing to the design of customer focused processes, active participation in one-to-one meetings / the PADP process and own behaviours
9. Demonstrate awareness / understanding of equal opportunities and other people's behaviour, physical, social and welfare needs
10. Ensure that reasonable care is taken at all times for the health, safety and welfare of yourself and other persons, and to comply with the policies and procedures relating to health and safety within the business
11. Carry out any other duties which fall within the broad spirit, scope and purpose of this job description and which are commensurate within the grade of the post
- NVQ Level 2 or equivalent in Business & Administration or Finance or significant experience gained in a similar or related service working
- Knowledge and experience of finance operational processes and understanding of debt recovery processes
Excellent IT skills with good knowledge of office applications
- Ability to work with internal and external stakeholders to support the delivery of Debt Recovery service in line with the annual service plan
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing in order to achieve desired outcomes and be able to influence and negotiate when advising and supporting customers/users
- Ability to manage own personal workload and for the prioritisation of that workload
- Ability to understand and interpret national legislation and guidance and adhere to local policies and procedures
- Show empathy, be calm and able to deal with conflict management, be able to influence behaviour and negotiate win-win solutions for the recovery of debt
- Excellent interpersonal skills; demonstrate understanding and be able to deal with vulnerable customers and service groups
- Ability to process data and financial information related to the Debt Recovery service to support the production of management reports and information on service performance to meet service area requirements
- Ability to motivate and mentor Apprentices to provide staff development
- Ability to demonstrate awareness/understanding of equal opportunities and other people's behaviour, physical, social and welfare needs
- Experience of working independently scheduling and prioritising own work to meet service requirements
- Proven customer service background with experience of conflict resolution, negotiation and diplomacy skills
- Experience of working in a customer focused role in a fast paced environment
- debt collection
- collection and recovery
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'