Role: Debt Recovery Legal Executive
Location: Coventry (Surveyor Court) and Birmingham
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
Salary: £22,000 - £26,000 per annum
About the Company:
Our client is the world's leading professional body for qualifications and standards in land, property, infrastructure and construction is looking for a Debt Recovery Legal Executive on full time basis.
The Role will involve but is not limited to:
- Solely look after the legal collection of Commercial and Regulation overdue debts.
- Reduce bad debt within the company.
- Responsible for the legal collection of debts relating to the company.
- Responsible for debtor profiling in all cases and making decisions on the most suitable enforcement remedy for the collection of the debt.
- Liaising with both internal and external Legal Teams to ensure the correct legal channel is used for the collectability of the debt.
- Commence debt recovery action - includes letter before action, particulars of claim, obtaining County Court Judgement and making applications for the different enforcement remedies.
- Negotiate settlements in the best interests of the company.
- Evaluate cases at every stage to ensure that action is taken is effective and commercially viable.
- Educated to graduate level or equivalent in Law. Minimum requirement (Chartered Institute of Legal Executives - Level 6 diploma in Law & Practice).
- Analytical skills - analyse information as to the viability of pursuing cost recovery and the appropriate method of doing so in the interest of maximising the recovery of monies due to the company.
- A detailed knowledge of the rules and remedies of debt recovery, the insolvency laws and their practical effect.
- A detailed knowledge of the Civil Procedure Rules (CPR).
- Knowledge of the different enforcement remedies and the rules governing such applications.
- Excellent customer care skills.
- Ability to prioritise workloads.
- Able to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- First class communication skills - oral and written.
- Ability to deal with people at all levels on the phone and in person.
- Proficient in Office IT systems: word, excel, outlook etc.
- Able to take responsibility for developing self, taking on new responsibilities and adopting a flexible, pragmatic approach to work.
- Strong work and time management skills and experience of working to deadlines.
By applying for this role, your details will be sent to Ortolan People, who are acting as consultants for the hiring company. Ortolan People are engaged to provide recruitment support in processing applications. We will endeavour to respond to all applicants within three working days. Occasionally for roles with a very high volume of applicants, this may not be possible.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job