As Debt Controller you will be ensuring the timely arrears chasing of customer and business debt through first class customer service, whilst maintaining strong communications with internal departments.
Who you’ll report to
Debt Control Team Leader
What you’ll be doing:
- Liaise with Clients Solicitors for debt recovery to ensure first class service, providing information to assist with debt recovery.
- Liaising with external customers i.e. Housing Associations & Developers for timely debt collection and consolidated billing
- Working with internal departments on non-service charge debtors i.e. Purchase Ledger, Corporate & Retirement Homesearch debtors
- Liaising with Operational teams for management of on hold debts
- Credit control of new business, including portfolio acquisitions, to resolve outstanding issues and reduce debt prior to integration to BAU
- Maintaining records of communications on all databases to enable accurate progress of cases for legal action.
- Managing processes for all loss of instruction properties
What you’ll be responsible for
- Solicitor communications
- Supplier debt recovery
- Business to Business communications
Who you’ll be working with
- Operational Teams
- Client Liaison Team
- Finance Teams
- Legal Team
- Property Transfer Dep’t
- Debt Recovery Agencies
What will you be like
- GCSE English and Maths to grade c or equivalent is essential.
- 1 year experience in a customer facing role.
- 1 year experience of working with in property management company would be a benefit, but not essential.
- Must be able to demonstrate a good understanding of customer communications and dealing with difficult conversations.
- Fully IT literate with a requirement to be comfortable in working on Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Ability to work on multiple different IT systems simultaneously.
- You are dynamic, driven and ambitious with a strong emphasis on customer service and consultative approach.
- Keen to support change and continuous improvement.
- Ability to work collaboratively with the team, department, internal and external clients.
- Ability to take ownership of issues and see through to resolution.
- Constantly focussed on improving the level of service.
- Results driven and focussed on achieving as part of a team.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"