Job Title: Dean of UKBC (UK Business College)
Location: Memo House, Park Royal
Reports to: Deputy CEO
Salary: TBD depending on experience
Start date; 01 December 2019
Purpose of the Role:
- Provide the strategic vision and leadership for all Academic staff under the management of the UKBC Board of Directors.
- Work parallel to Deputy (CEO).
- Lead the academic development of the School and its Study Centre.
- Lead UKBC towards degree awarding powers in all disciplines.
- Liaise with the senior officers of the School to ensure the effective management of its Study Centre.
- Develop an effective working relationship with the Director and the Board in order to meet the highest standards of corporate governance.
- Enhance the reputation of the School for academic excellence, quality and engagement across its Study Centres.
- Influence and advocate on behalf of the College and its interests through active engagement with the sector, government, business and alumni - in the UK and internationally.
Duties of the Role:
- Be a member of the School’s Executive and to work with the Provost in leading and managing the School and its campuses, contributing to the strategic direction and development of the School with regard to relevant KPIs.
- Work with the Provost and Director in supporting the strategic direction of the Faculty, determining through examination of data and competitor analysis the optimum curriculum portfolio, level and mode of study, and its fee structure.
- Develop strategic partnerships with Professional Statutory and Regulatory Bodies, seeking accreditation for traditional undergraduate and postgraduate programmes, and developing a portfolio of attractive short courses.
- Responsible for the academic leadership, development and production of centrally administered Course materials that include, Programme Handbook, Module Study Guides, lesson plans, curriculum materials (inc UKBC Connect) and assessment.
- Act as mentor and academic advisor to Study Centre subject-related Faculty.
- Receive subject-related Programme Evaluation and Monitoring Reports from Study Centres and to make interventions as appropriate.
- Monitor module and Programme achievements of the Study Centre and to make recommendations to the Executive and Heads of Study Centre as appropriate.
- Liaise closely with Head of Quality, Learning and Enhancement to assure and have overarching responsibility for the standards and enhancement of learning related to courses delivered as part of the Faculty.
- Work closely with the Registry and HR teams to agree an annual and term-based timetable that best reflects Faculty and student needs whilst maximising efficiency within the constraints of available resources.
- Liaise closely with Registrar to ensure that Faculty meet agreed targets, for example, student recruitment and retention.
- Liaise closely with the Director of Admissions to develop strategies that attract highly motivated and well-qualified applicants onto each of its programmes.
- Be an active part of the internal communications network ensuring faculty staff are kept informed of and contribute to University and faculty developments.
- Work closely with the Marketing function to ensure that Programmes are promoted effectively and that information is reliable, accurate and consistent.
- Develop and manage employer boards, links to employer networks, relationships with appropriate employer associations and professional, statutory and regulatory bodies
- Liaise closely with the Head of Student Experience and Support to ensure a high-quality learner experience for students in the Faculty.
- Establish and maintain appropriate dialogues and relationships with the subject community and its audiences, nationally and internationally, continually updating the School's knowledge of academic developments, subject and skills, and relevant industrial and technological development for the benefit of its staff and students.
- Help ensure that the Faculty curriculum and its delivery is relevant and promotes employability, enterprise, and inclusion so that the needs of businesses and professions are met and our graduates are given a head start in their careers
- Support the Provost in diversifying and maximising streams of income from a range of sources, including funding councils and agencies; commercial and business enterprises and partnerships; international activity; and research bodies.
- Academic Record
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'