Have you finished your A Levels and started looking for your first real permanent job? M&G Investments is looking for a school leaver to join its Apprenticeship scheme.
Throughout the 12-18 month Apprenticeship you will work towards achieving relevant qualifications (eg.Level 3 Investment Operations Apprenticeship, including Investment Operations Certificate (IOC)) develop a wide range of skills and competencies by exploring the way the M&G business is run and by engaging with people across the business; receive on the job training and earn a competitive salary.
This scheme is designed to help people without degrees start their careers within a leading investment management company, straight after school or college. It is not a graduate programme.
While this is a permanent role, you must achieve your objectives, complete the IOC and pass the Apprenticeship during the 12-18 month programme to roll off permanently into the team
Prudential Capital (PruCap) within M&G has an exciting opportunity for a motivated, mature and driven individual to develop a long term career within their Prudential Treasury team. The Prudential Treasury team is one of Prudential Capital’s market facing dealing desks and is responsible for all aspects of money market and foreign exchange market execution for the Prudential Group. This will be a broad and varied role and will provide exposure to all aspects of financial products working as part of an experienced and busy dealing team. This will include trading assistant duties, creating reports and providing data extracts, client liaison and assisting the dealing team with the day to day dealing flows.
Due to the breadth of the markets managed by Prudential Treasury and the small size of the PruCap business as a whole, this role will provide the successful candidate the unique chance to work with all areas of the PruCap business and across many different disciplines. This opportunity would suit a candidate who is confident with numbers and has a broad interest in a dealing type financial markets role.
You will be exposed to but not limited to Excel and Word and have generally strong IT skills with a natural flair for numbers.
You would be responsible for performing the following typical tasks:
- Updating and managing dealing systems, MS Excel based applications and spreadsheets
- Providing day to day support to the Prudential Treasury dealing team
- Providing specific support to the dealers
- Providing ad-hoc data extracts
- Engaging with the broader PruCap business as well as internal business units
- Engaging with our third party suppliers
- Assisting with issue resolution and escalation
It is expected that the successful candidate will display the following qualities;
- Achieved or predicted a minimum of 96 UCAS points (240 old UCAS tariff), or equivalent
- English and Maths GCSE at grade C or above
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and driven to succeed.
- An approachable, positive “can do” attitude
- A professional and efficient approach
- Good attention to detail and ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Ability to multi task
- Solid grasp of both written and spoken English
- Proactive in learning new skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- A practical thinker with common sense and good attention to detail
- A proactive team player who is confident about working independently
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
Willing to undertake the Investment Management Certificate (IMC) upon completion of the Apprenticeship
How to Apply
To join us you will need to have achieved or be predicted 96 UCAS points (240 old UCAS tariff) and demonstrate the drive and motivation to achieve in a challenging role.
M&G is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple – to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.