DDaT - SEO - Senior Test Engineer
The Met Office is the United Kingdom's national weather service, providing accurate and timely weather forecasts to help the nation make informed decisions. As part of our ongoing commitment to technological excellence, we are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Senior Test Engineer to join our Digital, Data, and Technology (DDaT) team. This is a unique opportunity to contribute to the cutting-edge work we do at the intersection of meteorology and technology.
As a DDaT - SEO - Senior Test Engineer specializing in SEO, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the high performance, reliability, and accuracy of our digital platforms, with a specific focus on search engine optimization. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to implement effective testing strategies, identify and rectify issues, and contribute to the continuous improvement of our digital services.
The office is in Exeter - the role is Hybrid or remote, and active SC is required.
1. Functional testing. You can design and execute a wide range of testing techniques and communicate test results to both technical and non-technical stakeholders. You can make decisions on the environment for testing, and can coach others. You can identify defects, alert the business to them, and help to prioritise them based on defect severity.
2. Non-functional testing. You can have experience of non-functional testing techniques. You can execute non-functional test scenarios and identify defects. You can run non-functional tests others have written and know the processes to do so. You understand a range of standard non-functional testing techniques
3. Technical breadth. You can demonstrate a good working knowledge of different tools and techniques, and can train others. You can advise others on testing techniques and frameworks. You can effectively research, plan and train others within the team. You have experience of working with AWS or other cloud technologies.
4. Test analysis. You can think creatively, ask the right questions and critically evaluate and communicate findings to a larger team. You can lead investigative work into problems and opportunities in existing processes. You can drive the collection of information and the creation of recommendations for improvements. You can absorb large amounts of conflicting information and use it to determine solutions.
5. Communication and Test Management. You are a highly experienced communicator who has worked with a wide range of stakeholders including 3rd party suppliers, who is able to collaborate with multiple teams within a Project/programme of work to deliver effective testing services.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Proven experience as a Test Engineer, with a focus on SEO testing within a digital environment.
- AWS, Jenkins, Jira and Exray plug-in for Jira.
- Active SC Security Clearance.
- Strong knowledge of search engine algorithms, SEO best practices, and the latest industry trends.
- Experience with testing tools such as Selenium, JUnit, or similar.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- ISTQB or similar testing certification.
- Experience with performance testing tools.
- Knowledge of cloud technologies, preferably AWS.
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies.
How to Apply: If you are intersted in our DDaT - SEO - Senior Test Engineer role, we encourage you to apply directly now, or call us on .
- Network Engineer
- API Testing
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'