Are you a visionary logistics leader with a strong operational background in driving change and improving performance?
Wiggle CRC have an incredible opportunity to take the reigns of our 300,000 square foot, state of the art distribution centre in Bilston, Wolverhampton. It has been an exciting time at Wiggle CRC since our site opened in 2015 but with significant investment ongoing we are looking to recruit a truly visionary General Manager to transform our operation into a world-class facility.
What will you be doing:
You will be responsible for the overall management of all warehousing and distribution operations, this will include full management of P&L, driving high levels of quality, productivity and performance through outstanding coaching and leadership skills.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Taking on full accountability for ensuring that the day to day operation consistently meets the requirements of the business, operationally and financially.
- Ensuring all supply chain processes are consistent and that lean methodology is implemented across the operation.
- Lead and manage robust change management programmes including initiatives to improve productivity, quality and efficiency.
- Ensuring appropriate levels of resource across all business area’s
- Experience of identifying talent and creating development opportunities through succession planning, coaching and mentoring.
- Foster a spirit of teamwork among all staff and create a workplace culture that emphasises the identified mission, vision, guiding principles and values of Wiggle CRC.
- Ensuring that Wiggle CRC meets the requirements of H&S legislation and corporate H&S strategy arrangements.
- Manage the overall operational, budgetary, and financial responsibilities and activities of the distribution function. Identify areas of poor performance and execute action plans to improve.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Proven successful background of warehouse & logistics management having worked in a fast-moving distribution environment.
- Adept at running a large scale warehouse pick, pack and despatch operation as well as transport / logistics services.
- Experience of working across omni-channel retail and store operations
- Experience of shaping strategic plans and implementing cost saving initiatives in a complex distribution / logistics environment
- Track record of increasing business performance and profitability
- Ability to effectively manage all related financial controls across all P&L cost centres
- High level of supply chain knowledge and to be able to identify opportunities for efficiencies and effectively execute
- Proven project management skills, able to work cross functionally
- Comprehensive knowledge of all Health & Safety requirements
- Attention to detail at the highest level
- Knowledge of LEAN methodology, such as Kanban, TQM, Root Cause Analysis etc
- Experienced in coaching and leading teams to enhance performance, producing high performing teams
Does this sound like the perfect job for you ? Fantastic, please click to apply.
- Business Performance
- Change Management
- General Manager
- Succession Planning
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job