Our client is a leading mobile payment company based in Cambridge. They are looking to hire an exceptional DBA to join their talented team.
Reporting to VP Platform Operations, the DBA will be responsible for maintaining the availability and performance of current and future database technology employed across all my client's products.
Working closely with the Platform Operations team and Development Architects to optimise, maintain and support the comprehensive databases required for a global organisation and ensure that products are performant and optimised.
* Monitoring and optimisation of all databases
* Daily Database activities (e.g. backup and validation)
* Troubleshooting queries
* Working with the development team to improve and replace non-performant queries
* Assist in the design of new data infrastructure
* Proactively manage database performance and represent changes to the change board
* Mentor the 2nd line support team members
* Document changes
* Represents the Platform Operations team when Development are planning new database infrastructure.
* Maintain database performance by identifying and resolving problems and feeding back into the development triage process.
* Excellent knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server, including load and performance testing, replication, ETL and log shipping.
* Experience with provisioning SAN storage and data storage technology and distribution.
* Experience in performing maintenance, monitoring and optimisation
* Working knowledge of data security and protection.
* Working to deadlines, understanding of processes and workflows both alone and within a team.
* Ability to make decisions without all the answers and thrive in an often-ambiguous fast-moving environment.
Experience of different database technologies
Experience of cloud-based data solutions
Experience in Couchbase or other NoSQL technologies
The ONE Group - With offices in Northampton, Peterborough and Cambridge - our recruitment divisions include; Accountancy, Executive, HR, IT, Office, technical and Executive recruitment. The ONE Group are the largest independent recruitment businesses across, Northamptonshire and Cambridgeshire.
Our recruitment experts provide specialist consultancy staffing services to some of the leading household brands across the Midlands and East of England. We pride ourselves in adding value to any recruitment experience.
The foundation of our success comes from our high level of customer service, expert knowledge of the local marketplace and our understanding of the significant value people can add to the workplace.
This is recruitment as it should be.
For more information, call us or visit our website at www.theonegroup.co.uk.
- Database Administrator
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job