DBA & Linux System Administrator
Location: Hedge End, Southampton
Salary: Up to £45K per annum
Contract: Full time, Permanent
This is an exciting opportunity to join my client - as a DBA & Linux System Administrator - the business bringing revolution to the UK card payments industry focusing on system innovation and service excellence.
We are looking for an experienced, motivated individual to assist in deploying and maintaining the database infrastructure supporting a dynamic SaaS (Software as a Service) financial services environment.
About the role - DBA & Linux System Administrator:
- Participate in design, deployment and maintenance of MySQL / MariaDB database systems, throughout the development and production life cycle.
- Database administration in multiple production environments, including cross-site fault-tolerance, clustering and load-balancing.
- Database disaster recovery planning and testing.
- Database performance monitoring, scaling and tuning.
- Assist in the ongoing proactive and reactive management and maintenance of Linux servers.
- Required to work in an environment where the data stored within the architecture is highly confidential and have had experience of building and managing systems that operate in a secure environment.
- Necessity to on occasion work unsociable hours when maintaining systems, deploying new servers or responding to emergencies.
- Participate in regular team meetings to discuss progress with other IT and Development team members.
- Maintain system security and proactively support the organisation’s security policy.
Technical Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience administering MySQL or MariaDB environments. Galera experience an advantage.
- Ability to write advanced MySQL queries.
- Experience administering MongoDB an advantage, but not essential.
- Excellent Linux skills, with proven experience managing RedHat/CentOS systems.
- Experience configuring NGINX, Apache, NFS, NTP, Postfix, Dovecot, OpenSSL, SELinux, iptables, LVM advantageous, but not essential.
- Linux certifications such as RHCSA or RHCE an advantage.
- Ability to write shell scripts and regex.
- Experience of monitoring and log auditing.
- Able to write clear and concise documentation including network diagrams and change control.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this role click on "APPLY" today, forwarding an up to date copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance.
- Information Technology
- System Administrator