Day Shift SUPPORT WORKER - Wells, Someret
Day Support Worker
Salary £9.00 - £9.50 per hour
40 hours per week - including one waking night
We are recruiting for PERMANENT Support Workers to work in a supported living facility based in Wells (Priddy) Somerset.
This home is set in a rural setting (working farm) which offers some work opportunities for residents if they wish. All the residents have their own flats within the building with their own dining area, kitchen, bedroom and bathroom with the added benefit of communal areas.
- The residents are male and have autism, learning difficulties or mental health challenges.
- Although this is residential care - this role is like a Supported Living environment -NO personal care is required - but support is needed with banking, shopping etc.
- You will need a confident and calm personality
- Shifts - Day (0800am-1000pm) - shifts vary i.e. 8-4 / 2 -10 / 9-5 / 8-2 /10-8am
What you need:
- Experienced working with challenging individual i.e. autistic, mental health, learning difficulties would be benefical
- NVQ / QCF Level 2 or 3 Health Care - Ideally - Not Essential
- DBS check - portable - or must be prepared to go through the process
- Have a passion for working with people
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team
- Reliable, trustworthy and wanting to make a difference
- A commitment to enabling people to live their lives as well as they can regardless of the complexities of living with limiting illness
- Support Workers
- Supported Living
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- mental health
- learning disabilities
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job