Day Shift Manager - Romford- Distribution/Logistics/Parcels
Salary C: up to £31,179K Base and good Benefits
- Full training along with a supported induction process
- Bonus up to £3,100 per annum
- 24 days Holiday plus bank holidays
Our client is one of the best known names in the Distribution market, providing their customers with high standards of quality and service
The PM Day Shift Manager is fully accountable for the performance of the shift whilst proactively seeking ways to improve cost, service & operational efficiency. You will ensure all resources including third party are managed, planned and controlled to achieve the agreed service levels.
You'll have accountability for specific tasks such as:
- Managing all areas of the warehouse sortation of incoming collected goods in an efficient cost effective manner.
- Ensuring depot key KPI’s are achieved e.g. sortation compliance, Vehicle Departure times etc
- Budget Management to achieve the agreed service levels including productivity, labour costs, overtime usage, Agency usage.
- Maintaining the health, safety and security of all employees and visitors.
- To lead, coach and develop the supervisors on shift.
- To adhere to the legal requirements of the 'O’ Licence.
- All required MI reporting documentation is maintained to the required standard & on time.
- To develop and maintain effective communication channels with all appropriate areas of the business especially the Day shift management and Field team relationships.
- To ensure all incoming delivery & collection drivers are de breifed and all out standing issues resolved.
You will have the passion, drive and confidence to work within the depot operations working in a collaborative way.
Essential Skills for the role:
- Transport knowledge, skills or experience including regulations.
- Experience in managing and leading a team.
- Must be able to work on own initiative in a pressurised environment to tight deadlines.
- PC Literate with a working knowledge of Microsoft office.
- Good communicator and able to liaise at all levels.
- Flexible approach to work to meet business requirements.
- Experiance of managing C &D drivers and wharehouse staff.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job