Day Patrol Warden
Job Role: Day Patrol Warden (3 month fixed term contract)
Location: Grangetown, Cardiff
Salary: £18,000 pro rata
Hours: Thursday to Sunday; 8am to 8pm
As Day Patrol Warden you will contribute to our vision of being the UK's favourite property manager by:
- Being vigilant and diligent in ensuring fire safety on site and accurately following proper protocol.
This role reports to the Development Manager.
FirstPort is the largest and most experienced residential property manager in the UK, employing more than 3,000 colleagues dedicated to looking after peoples' home.
Great property management is about more than just bricks and mortar. We recognise and value the contribution our people make to our business and we are committed to ensuring they are skilled and equipped to do the best job they can and that they have the opportunity to realise their full potential.
Our Values set out the commitments we have made to deliver excellent service and they inform the relationships that we have with customers and clients. They shape our culture and are used in measuring and rewarding performance.
- Fire watch personnel are to keep diligent watch for fires in the communal areas (internal and external).
- To check the general fire safety of six residential buildings through constant patrolling.
- Check that corridors and stairwells to ensure combustible materials are not stored there
- Monitor escape routes to see they are kept free of obstructions,
- Check that fire doors are not tied, propped or wedged open where they should not be
- To check that final exit doors open, and are not obstructed,
- To check that extinguishers are where they should be and no obvious misuse or defect has occurred
- To check that smoke detectors are not covered
- During weekly fire alarm tests check that the alarm can be heard in their allocated area
- Sole focus on fire watch, no other responsibilities to be carried out.
Skills and Experience
Enthusiastic and diligent with a good eye for detail
Experience working in a similar role as a Fire Warden or Security Officer will be beneficial however not essential
Demonstrable skills in being vigilant and proactive
Fire Safety training is beneficial however not required
Friendly - We look out for people's best interests, and show them we care by dealing with them in a warm and friendly manner.
Inventive - We're creative and resourceful. We strive to improve what we do and how we do it, so we can provide the best ideas and solutions to look after people, their homes and communities.
Respectful - We listen, consult and take on-board people's opinions and needs. We understand the importance of the home and community in people's lives, and act with respect at all times.
Skilled - We've the qualifications, experience and take great pride in our work to consistently deliver the highest standards and value for money. We're informed, and we're always building on that knowledge to constantly improve our quality of service.
Trustworthy - We're always professional, reliable, open and honest. People can depend on us to keep our promises and follow through on our commitments.
Our customers deserve the best and the same applies to our people. We'll support you with all of the technology, training and support that you need to do your job well. We offer competitive salaries and a range of benefit packages. In addition to the core benefits, we also offer a range of exclusive discounts on extra benefits to help you and your family make the most of your money, safeguard your future and look after your health.
We're committed to promoting diversity at FirstPort and recruit on merit. We will consider applications from job share applicants.
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'