Database Reliability Engineer / TechOps Engineer / Technical Operations Analyst / DevOps Engineer / Systems Administrator / SRE / Site Reliability Engineer
Linux, Cloud Infrastructure, AWS / Azure, Docker, NoSQL, Terraform, Ansible, CI/CD, Kubernetes, Microservices
Are you looking for a role that will allow you to help shape innovate software solutions that address todays real world issues around protecting the rights and use of personal data? An experienced Technical Operations Engineer is required to help enhance a cutting edge new Cloud based Digital Services platform that helps protect and enhance personal data. This is an exciting role with an innovative and high growth technology and SaaS provider and would suit an individual with a broad skill set who wants to play a significant role with a highly technical team and assist in the development of a DevOps / SRE (Site Reliability Engineering) culture and core way of working.
About the role
Some of the responsibilities would include:
- Incident and Major Incident management, restoring a failed IT service as quickly as possible, and ensuring appropriate workarounds put in place if incidents are not resolvable within the agreed Service Levels.
- Develop and deliver well thought out technical problem resolutions, through understanding of system capabilities, analyzing alternative solutions, preparing system specifications for review by Engineering and DevOps teams, and if required writing appropriate code to repair systems disrupted through bugs or defects.
- Access management, granting authorized users the right to use a service, while preventing access to non-authorized users
- Problem management, preventing incident from happening, and to minimize the impact of Incidents that cannot be prevented, maintaining known errors and workarounds
- Event management, implementing effective monitoring tools and alerting policies to support proactive and reactive problem management.
Ideally educated to Degree level or with demonstrable commercial experience in an IT Technical Operations role (DBA, DevOps, Systems administration, Site Reliability Engineer, etc…) or software development environment with a genuine enthusiasm for operations and development processes.
Skills and experience required:
- Experience with NoSQL systems, ideally at scale. Experience with other key-value stores such as MongoDB, Riak, HBase, Cassandra, Couchbase, Redis.
- Familiar with software development lifecycle (methodologies and tooling)
- Operating multi-tiered systems and diagnoses of issues across the stack.
- Working experience of Operational tools such as ZenDesk or other service management tools, monitoring platforms etc.
Working with some (or all) of following in the cloud:
- Databases NOSQL/RDBMS at scale
- Specific experience with aerospace is a big plus
- Load Balancers
- Scaling of services
- Micro services
- Optional experience of Infrastructure as code tools such as Terraform and Ansible.
- Containerisation Orchestration Systems (Docker or Kubernetes)
Configuration Management Tooling (Puppet, Ansible, Chef)
Server monitoring and alarms (CloudWatch/New Relic/DataDog/Splunk/ELK)
- A solid understanding of security, and how to implement on cloud-based products. (SSL/CA's/IDS/IPS/VPN etc)
This is a great opportunity to get in at the very beginning with an exciting new company and product with a comprehensive benefits and bonus package including share options combined with a very flexible working environment in a brand new state of the office. The role is based in Bath within an easy commute of Bristol, Chippenham, Swindon, Wiltshire and Gloucestershire.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'