A North East based consultancy working with national and international clients. Providing a range of IT services including solution design, development, strategic review of IT services, IT management as well as a growing business intelligence capability.
Your role will be to design and build data warehouses using SQL Server, implement ETL using SSIS and to use SSAS and SSRS for analysis and reporting. The client is looking for an experienced data warehouse designer who can proactively understand clients` business requirements and translate them into functionality. You will customer facing and you should be keen to find out about businesses and how they work.
- You`ll design data warehouses - taking KPIs and metrics and turning them into conceptual designs, data models and potentially physical designs.
- You`ll build data warehouses using Microsoft`s SQL Server and related packages.
- You`ll manage your own time, juggling multiple projects and presales concurrently. You`ll help junior team members to manage their time too.
- You`ll specify solutions and write proposals for client ensuring that they understand the value the solutions will deliver.
- You`ll help all the other members of the Data and Analytics team to grow and develop, providing guidance and training to help the team improve.
- You`ll stay up-to-date on Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing and Data Analytics technologies and methodologies.
- You`ll provide expert business-focused consultancy on using data and analytics to improve our clients` businesses. You`ll spend time understanding how the companies we work with operate and making recommendations on how they could improve.
- You`ll liaise with other parts of our business including our Business Transformation team and our sector-focused consultancy teams.
In order to succeed in this role candidates will need to demonstrate some specific technical skills
- Experience in software design and development
- Expertise in SQL, SSIS, SSAS and SSRS
- Experience in data modelling and data warehouse design
- Has been heavily involved in the design and creation of several data warehouses
You will also be expected to be an excellent team player, used to working in a highly collaborative, team focused environment. You`ll need excellent customer service values and customer facing experience, previous work in a consultancy environment would be beneficial.
In addition an enthusiasm for technology and willingness to learn is important as the client are often asked to solve complex technical and commercial problems where they don`t necessarily have previous experience.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job