We specialise in the recruitment of high quality candidates in the IT sector. We have an excellent opportunity for a Database Technology Consultant to join Europe's largest cloud services platform based in Nottingham.
Database Technology Consultant's Core Duties
- Providing database consultancy for new and existing customers including remote and on-site consultancy as determined by the Database Technology Consultancy Manager.
- Work with product team to bring new data products into the existing product portfolio.
- Provide support for Sales/Presales/ Solutions.
- Support for Sales/Presales client discussions in their offices or customer location.
- Create workplan and estimate for Database Scope of Works.
- Qualification of day to day consultancy requirements.
- Being part of a support team resolving incident "tickets" for our global client base.
- Adhere to team processes and the direction of the Database Services Manager.
Database Technology Consultant's Skills required
- Significant customer facing delivery experience.
- Significant troubleshooting and performance tuning
- Demonstrable ability for Installation, tuning and administration.
- Strong knowledge of Clusters, Storage, Backups, Data Export / Import, Monitoring tools and disaster recovery.
- Proven experience of working with RDBMS such as SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL etc.
- Knowledge of or Interested in working with PostgreSQL, MariaDB, MongoDB, Hbase, OrionDB and many more!
- Knowledge or interested in MySQL Clustering & Replication, MySQLDUMP, MSSQL Log Shipping, Clustering, Mirroring, AlwaysOn Availability Groups, Native Backup and Recovery, Oracle DB.
- Knowledge of SQL, PL/SQL, TSQL
- Shell Scripting
- Database vendor accredited DBA qualification.
- Must have own Car
Are you enthusiastic about this job? Send us your CV in word format today
- Shell Scripting