Database & Spreadsheet Analyst - Purfleet
Due to further expansion of our Client’s business, they are looking for someone to join their growing Technology team. The role will be located at their head office in Purfleet, working within a a busy team handling all matters relating to the management of a huge amount of data and database systems that are essential to the running of our Client’s business.
You will be required to work within a team environment, but also have the ability to work on your own initiative. You should have good interpersonal communication skills and should have the ability to work under pressure and manage your own priorities.
This role would suit a motivated and friendly individual with good problem-solving skills, enjoy learning new systems and getting to the root of how our business data and systems work. Previous experience working with database systems and complex business processes would be an advantage. Good knowledge of Excel is essential.
You will report directly to the Database Systems Manager.
- Work with our current Database systems to add/edit functionality
- Understand and simplify complex business data for use by other teams/systems
- Create reports for business teams around the world, by using excel and our database systems
- Managing data such as new price promotions and booking information
- Problem solve errors in database and web systems by user testing and fault finding
- Provide business data to all teams who require it. Such as segmented customer data for mail shots etc
- Create large import/export functionality between different systems
- Dealing with any general queries reported in relation to the database and web systems
- Support for the day to day running of financial reports
- Advanced Excel user (vlookups, pivot tables, macros etc)
- Database design experience
- Database query knowledge, such as SQL/MySQL
- A very keen eye for detail
- Knowledge of data visualisation tools such as Power BI, Tableau or Qlikview is an advantage
- Financial reporting experience
- Basic Programming knowledge
- Experience working in the travel industry in a similar role would also be an advantage
Following a probationary period, a basic guideline salary of £22,000 - £23,500 per annum commensurate with experience will be offered and reviewed annually in December.
There will be an initial probation period of three months. Once you are engaged with us full-time a one-month notice period will be required, should either party wish to terminate the relationship, but during your probation, under 1 month’s service no notice period is required, 1 month up to successful completion of your probationary period a 1-week notice period is required.
Standard office hours are Monday to Friday from 09.00 to 17.30hrs, however the working hours for this role may also be 08.30 to 17.00hrs.
There may be occasions when work is required outside of the contracted hours, (such as updates to systems / running lengthy reports / website uploads) which has to be carried out outside of working hours or at the weekend.
During the week, extra hours worked in the morning or evening beyond the standard working hours, overtime will not be paid.
For non-contracted additional weekend overtime, a day off in lieu will be provided for each full day worked. At the discretion of the Line Manager, overtime may also be considered instead of the day/s off in lieu based on a pro-rata basis at the daily or half daily salary rate. In the event of extended overtime hours beyond the full day a flat rate of pay will apply and thereafter increased, if an overnight is required.
All overtime must be approved in advance by the Line Manager.
A minimum 22 days per annum, increasing to 28 days according to length of service, pro-rated accordingly plus bank holidays will apply. Holiday requests will need to be completed and submitted to the Line Manager via our online system. At least one month’s notice should be given, where possible, in order to arrange appropriate cover.
- A workplace pension scheme - following three months of continuous service.
- Concessionary travel with our Client - following six months of continuous service.
- Staff discounts on selected travel products.
- Smart state of the art office environment.
Renato Recruitment is acting as an employment agency for this full time permanent role.
- Microsoft Excel
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job