Diamond Search Recruitment are delighted to be representing our client in recruiting for a Database Reliability Engineer. This is an opportunity to join a leading multi-national, innovative organisation who value their employees and offer excellent benefits including:
- Company Profitability Bonus Scheme
- Employer matched pension contributions to 5% of salary
- 4 x Salary Life cover
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee funded via salary sacrifice Benenden Healthcare cover
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Perkbox Gold Card Discount
The organisation is developing its HV identity platform, forming the core of their current and future products. Written in Golang, the platform is a complex distributed system, exposed in a RESTful fashion and backed by PostgreSQL, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, RabbitMQ and dedicated crypto hardware.
With a small Infrastructure Engineering team in London, our client is looking for an outstanding Data Reliability Engineer with a DevOps mentality to join the team, supporting databases in Data Centres all over the globe.
- Maintenance and ongoing improvement of existing database real-estate, including:
o Ensuring the presence of monitoring and alerting for proactive issue resolution
o Scaling and lifecycle management
o Working directly with the Engineering team on schema changes to support new functionality
o Stability and performance monitoring and management across all layers of the system
o Scheduling and performing updates to ensure the latest security and bug fixes are applied, and new features are made available
- Management of data objects throughout the platform, including within message queuing and out-of-band (e.g. logging) systems.
- Development of tooling and scripts to automate regular tasks
- Working with Infrastructure Team to set up one-touch deployment and centralised management of database servers.
- Research technologies, prototype their use and recommend the optimum solution for a given problem.
- Work with the Engineering team to identify the best tool for each job, ensuring it is deployed and configured in an optimal and compliant manner.
- Ensure Disaster Recover procedures are in place and compliant with agreed RTO and RPO objectives. Support disaster recovery and business continuity exercises.
- Documentation and reporting for reference and compliance.
Datastore technologies our client uses:
The ideal candidate:
You are passionate about squeezing every ounce of performance from your databases - as comfortable working with SQL Tables as JSON documents, selecting the right tool for each job and optimizing the configuration and schema for the use-case.
You "automate the heck out of everything" to help yourself and your fellow colleagues, preventing the need for ever having to work through the same process twice.
You give respectful honest feedback, working constantly to improve yourself and help your team-mates, while considering (and accepting where appropriate) alternate, sometimes opposing, opinions.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Data Science, or equivalent experience. Engineering or related discipline highly preferred.
- Proven experience in a DBA or Database Reliability Engineer position, supporting mission-critical databases in high performant environments, including one or more of the above systems.
- Proven experience administrating and troubleshooting Linux and/or FreeBSD systems
- In-depth understanding of the concepts and internals of relational databases, and of the different approaches required when using key-value or document-based datastores
- Experience benchmarking, clustering and tuning databases for performance, reliability, high availability and scalability
- Experience with automation and configuration management tools (chef/puppet, foreman, rundeck/ansible).
- A working-level understanding of networking concepts
- Experience working with version control systems
- Strong technical documentation skills, and an understanding of the importance of documentation in a compliance environment.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Experience working in a Data Centre environment is a plus
Diamond Search Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in regard to this vacancy
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'